1/32 F-105G Cockpit from Black Box.

Picked up this goodie today as well - VERY nice job, Black Box!

The cockpit tubs are molded as one piece, with the left hand sidewalls molded in place...could make for difficulty in painting, but the absence of the right hand sidewalls may do the trick - we'll see.

TONS of seperate items for the rudder pedals, actuator rods, etc.; and a sheet of acetate for the glazing between the two 'pits. The seats are beauties, with nicely molded straps - and in a VERY nice touch, the straps don't appear to be posed identically on the seat pans...cool, as I usually prefer to do my own in just such a manner. Seperate seat rails, and a nice reminder in the instuctions not to mount he seats directly to the cockpit floor - but that the pan should be a bit above the side console.

The instrument panels are very thinly molded, with that looks to be scale relief - not overly done.

If you've got the bigger Thud and have been waiting for this cockpit set to get down to it (like I have...) all I have to say is that it was worth the wait. Recommended for the aftermarket addicted...

Reply to
Rufus

Have you tried the fit yet? You may be more successful than my run at it, but suffice to say the fit was worse than any of their previous F-4 or F-14 sets. I wish now I'd not bought it, since the canopies will have to be closed to help hide the massive side gaps...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Whitworth

The instructions mention fitting the left side to the left fuse half, and then installing the right sidewalls against the right fuse half after joining the fuselage. Does that actually not work?

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah I tried that, it made the whole thing sit off center, or so it seemed. My fault may lie in the position I cut for the canopy notch, it holding the canopy in relation to the centerline. I was so ticked off by the thing I put it up for several weeks before I looked at it again. Finally, I was able to get the main chunk installed on center, although with a less than desirable sidewall gap. Last thing was to attach the right sidewall panels with tweezers, and use white glue for gap filling. Not what I was hoping for, since the canopy will have to be closed to hide the massive gaps. I was looking forward to the upcoming BB stuff for the Prowler, but now, I don't know. I have a shoebox full of A-6E, A-10, F-16, F-111, A-7, F-14, F-4s etc... and this experience hasn't made me want to use them. Thats a big rant I know, but I still get mad thinking about it. Heres hoping your office has a happy ending!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Whitworth

Also forgot to mention the back seat area rear firewall fit was the main thing that had the fit screwed up for me.

Reply to
Brian Whitworth