8th AF Tail Codes

I've been asked to display a bunch of aircraft models at a local museum, and I need to label them properly. I have the old Monogram 1/48th B-17 I built about 30 years ago... Tail Codes are a black A in a white triangle, individual a/c R, three letter code LG R. Can someone tell me what squadron it was assigned to? I believe it was the 90th Bomb Group....

I've done several Google searches, and can't seem to find a comprehensive index for these markings. I'm pretty sure it's out there... if you have the URL for such a thing, please forward it.

Thanks in advance,

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

91st.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Al,

Well, yeah! It sure doesn't get any clearer than that.

Thank you.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Reply to
Stanley Parker

Thank you. I'll try to get to a copy. It's one of those things that you know are out there, avoid getting because you won't use it too often; then need it, buy it, and never use it again. This, of course, is true of some of my favorite books!

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

in article 7q%ke.827424$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, Stanley Parker at snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net wrote on 5/25/05

8:52 AM:

According to the info at the website

LG would be 322nd B.S., 91st B.G. Pip Moss I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss