Academy P-47N

The Academy P-47N comes in two versions - 'regular' and 'special'. What is the difference?

P.S. Why all the P-47 questions? Well to state the obvious, I'm making the models. (duh) The reason behind the reason is that my father was supply officer for the 73rd F.S. until he was promoted to supply officer for the Group (318th). If you are making a relevant model from that group, and the shade of the paint dosen't come out quite right, you have my blessing to go ahead and not worry. I doubt that people who worried about shuch things got much sympathy. Like nose art from the

19th says "Not In Stock". 'Yellow is yellow and blue is blue - make do.' Trust me, we heard that kind of thing at home constantly.

The only stories he told were very few and very minimized. The semi-official web pages tell much more. He didn't take/keep many pictures. I have some, in many different sizes, so I'm guessing they were from different rolls of film. Either some of the rest are in a batch which I have yet to scan, or he trew away a -bunch-. Probably both.

I do have a scan of the bar of the Barflies (73rd), though, though it might be the "PX". Anyway, there is the squadron insignia above a display of liquor, cigarettes, and peanuts behind a counter. I'll post it to this newsgroup.

P.S. someone is 'spoofing' this address in connection with eBay. There is not and never has been an eBay account uinder Chezelwig.

Reply to
Chezelwig

This is a text-only newsgroup. Please post pics to alt.binaries.models.scale.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

If it's any consolation, I get several messages every day about my E-Bay, PayPal and HSBC accounts. They are all going to be shut down if I don't confirm my details straight away. I might worry about this if I had any such accounts but I don't. I imagine it's a pretty common thing.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Different decals:

463FS 507FG "Expected Goose" 333FS 318FG "8 Ball" & "2 Big and Too Heavy/Short Snorter""
Reply to
tomcervo

Almost all of those warnings are pfishing spoofs, trying to get you to enter credit card info, eBay or PayPal passwords, and other personal info. do not do any of them. Do not even open the link. If you are at all suspicious, contact eBay, PayPal or whichever institution is concerned yourself and confirm the need for such info. About 99.99% of the time, it's some lowlife on a pfishing expedition

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Bill Woodier" wrote

I just immediately forward them to snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com, spoof@paypal,com or whatever. They at least have an interest in tracking down and prosecuting, so the more examples the better.

And how 'bout making the launching of an internet virus a capital crime?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin