Are yuo kidding?!

Well time for my periodic rant.

Was in Hobby Lobby today. Trumpeter 1/35 M1078 Light Medium Cargo Truck.

Wait for it...

$79.99

I really don't think so. But good luck with that. I wonder if any of the idiots who work for the store even rea a newspaper.

I think maybe the hobby is heading for a stumble.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost wrote the following:

The few brick and mortar stores left, anyway. Tower has it for $59.99 Hobbylinc has it for $56.49 Of course, shipping adds to the cost.

Reply to
willshak

When you are the only one in town making something and you can price it under what a comparible resin kit costs most companies seem to feel they can charge those prices.

Of course, there are other hobbies we can switch too as well...

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

you will get free shipping on it at towerhobbies.com if over $50 (a save $10 offer)

Reply to
Musicman59

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: : When you are the only one in town making something and you can price : it under what a comparible resin kit costs most companies seem to feel : they can charge those prices. : I want to know what resin kits you have been working with, Cookie. Under a Franklin and I consider myself lucky.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

There are few bargains from Trumpeter. I managed to grab a Mavis for a low price off Ebay but when it got here it was the quasi-civilian transport version. Fortunately the important combat pieces are either there or I can scratch them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I use the 40% coupons from the paper. You can sign up online and get them also. I think they price high sinvce they do the 30% off everything seems like every other week sometimes, or there's the 40% coupon. Local shop is full cost. My only other option is mail order.

Reply to
frank

i reccomend dwarf tossing. i was psyched they left it in the movie. in the book, it's even funnier becuase it has a longer set up.

Reply to
someone

frank wrote in news:0cdbfd5e-3d3c-4531-ba36- snipped-for-privacy@k17g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Yeah bit even still it's a fracking truck. No guns. If they had half a brain they'd stock more of the checper stuff to get kids interested when Mom is cruising the store.

Frankly they've had a few pieces sitting on the shelf for quite a while. I think for the 1/48 Tamiya stuff they had a Tiger an m10 and a 2/12 ton truck. Those are cheap enough and small enough to appeal to kids, but you think they'd carry more? Hell no.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

u have been working with,

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF= =BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD = =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD Bruce

Bruce,

Most resin kits seem to go for around $150 as a average for a 1/35 scale truck. Plastic ones used to be around $40-50 so somebody seems to figure if they are the only one in town with the kit they can charge something in between (e.g. $80) and you'll pay it for a styrene kit.

Pretty nasty philosophy but when you try to pin the manufacturers down you get a "well, you wanted slide molding, etched brass, turned aluminum, etc." and not much sympathy.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne