Best Stores For Models

Is Hobby Lobby the # 1 for selection,or are some of the ''mom&pop''ones offer a good selection?.Theres a model store south of Cleveland Oh. on W.130th,of of I-480,been meaning to go up there,forgot the name,but their websight had some really great shots of their stock!,it looks great!.

Reply to
teem

Went to HL for this summer's half off sale--same kits as LAST year's half off sale.

Reply to
tomcervo

And the same as the year before.

Reply to
Kimo Elliott

There is a terrific hobby shop just north of Hopkins International. It's called Hobby Castle and it's located at 4147 Rocky River Dr. This is a small shop that is packed literally floor to ceiling with model kits. It is a true old-time Mom & Pop hobby shop of which so few seem to remain. The store hours were pretty limited the last time I visited and they may actually not be in business anymore so it's best to give them a call before heading out that way - (216) 941-4300

Definitely worth a visit!

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Best shop in the San Francisco Bay Area is Berkeley Ace Hardware.

The hobby shop in the basement has been there for about fifty years and is well stocked with kits and equipment. To add to the appeal they have twice yearly sales. They have a fair supply of "collector's kits" and a very wide range from Eastern Europe, even some resins. Good sized book and magazine selecton, too.

Tom

The Collector wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

doesnt sound familiar,but i will ring them up.Seems theres quite a few stores over there,Went to Parma Hobby last year & was disappointed,not on account of few models,just not my interests.

Reply to
teem

That's the frustration with HL,1 full ailse of top to bottom model kits,but a narrow selection.

Reply to
teem