BMF masking question

Greetings, all!

I've decided to give Bare Metal Foil a try instead of my usual masking medium on the canopy of my current project. I already see that the BMF leaves residue behind when it is removed. I will be using Tamiya Acrylics to do the painting. I forgot where my reference guide is that describes the best way to remove the adhesive residue without marring the paint or the plastic.

Can anybody help?

TIA

Sean

(Remove NOSPAM to email me directly)

Reply to
Sean

I usually use naptha/benzine/lighter fluid for adhesive removal. It typically doesn't mar cured paint but always test first. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

You can also use WD-40 to remove the residue

Reply to
Kilowatt

Before trying with a solvent/cleaner try simply with a piece of masking tape. Usually the glue residue sticks better to the masking tape than to the plastic, so you just have to press and lift the tape a couple of times (it works great on bare plastic, but should work also over future-coated canopies, anyway test it before...).

My 0.02

Reply to
Yuri