File types

I have a file called MARS. I'm not sure what the extension is because Explorer won't reveal it, but I think it's .AFL. Explorer tells me
it's a "Microsoft Agent Character File (HTTP format)."How can I view this file? Nothing I have -- CADStd, Voloview, DWG Viewer, and a couple more -- will open it. They say the file type is unsupported.
I'm looking for a good set of 3-views -- with sections -- of the Martin M-130, but I found this Mars thing and I want to see it.
Thanks.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com said the following on 31/05/2008 22:07:

This should help.
http://www.microsoft.com/msagent /

bob again? aaahhh!!!1
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following on 01/06/2008 00:02:

<Peter Griffin> "I just looked at the first two words in the format, typed 'Character File' in my search engine and what the crap? It didn't work! Ne-heheheheheh-heheheheh - Sweet!"

microshaft, bend over for billy!
On May 31, 5:35 pm, Richard Brooks <richardbro...@vickers- armstrongs.com> wrote:

Thanks. What is this stuff? What does it do? I have quite enough Microsoft stuff that does things I don't know about. I have no use for a voice-entry system.
snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com said the following on 01/06/2008 19:20:

From your own original post.
Explorer tells me it's a "Microsoft Agent Character File..."
Look at the first two words in the quotation marks. First word is Microsoft and I'm not a betting man but I'd say that going to the Microsoft site would be a good bet. Now, let's look at the second word in the quotation marks. It says 'Agent' so I'd guess that it is some program called Agent which is produced by ...... That's right.... No, (mad laughter) not Apple! MICROSOFT! Microsoft. Do you know that Microsoft has a site?
Have you tried taking up the abacus?
On Jun 1, 5:57pm, Richard Brooks <richardbro...@vickers- armstrongs.com> wrote:

======================================================================== Hi.
Perhaps the op is worried about getting yet another useless piece of memory hogging crap from Microshi*
Every single time I have downloaded some thing from Microshi*'s site I ended up having a problem with my pc.
When this pc dies I'm getting a Mac even if I have to go to a Community College to learn how to use it.
Cheers from Peter
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca said the following on 02/06/2008 00:10:

I know what you mean! Either that or strange things happen after screw-up's - I mean updates.
The OP is better off looking for proper plans from some museum or asking in the aircraft interest groups who will point him in the right direction. I can't think of any reason why anyone would put proper plans into a strange file format type after companies have been using something like Autocad for decades or for someone to make an acceptable bitmap copy even in plain old BMP format as a large file?
Someone here might know someone who knows someone. You know the deal in researching these things! ;-)
http://www.seawings.co.uk/links.htm
As to Agent... (it's a toy)
From the Microsoft Agent product information section;
Microsoft Agent is an unprecedented technology that enables developers to create innovative, new conversational interfaces by incorporating interactive animated characters into their applications and Web pages. Driven by a powerful yet simple programming model, these onscreen personalities can gesture, move, speak (via a text-to-speech engine or recorded audio) and even accept spoken voice commands. Applications and Web pages enhanced with Microsoft Agent provide their users with an interface that extends beyond the conventional screen, mouse and keyboard interactions so prevalent today, to broaden and humanize the interaction that they have with their computers.
snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com said the following on 31/05/2008 22:07:

I think the thing to do is to find someone who is using Agent and zoom into a large extent, press [Print Screen] and save each captured image to the Paint package and stitch the whole lot together, then ditch the original.
I'm sure many people do this to those scrolling maps that you get on the Internet just to get a very large printout of their own! ;-)