Fujimi McDonnel Douglas F-4G PHANTOM II question.

Is this a good kit? I picked one up at an estate sale, and it looks pretty nice, no date on the box or instructions. I haven't ever dealt with aircraft models so am totally in the dark on this.

Reply to
Bonerfied

Well, First off, Fujimi Phantoms are one of the worst Phantom kits on the market (ie, RUN AWAY). However, that said, I dont see why it wouldnt make a good "Try out a airplane kit" for you. But if you are into "detailed" kit, I would pass on it. Ray Lloyd IPMS#36878 FREMONT HORNETS "If the enemy is in range, so are you"

Reply to
QUIKBRD

Whoops, I was refering to 1/48 scale. Now that my eyes are open I think you are refering to 1/72. It is my understanding that Fujimi is one of the BETTER kits in that scale, so party on !!! Ray Lloyd IPMS#36878 FREMONT HORNETS "If the enemy is in range, so are you"

Reply to
QUIKBRD
1:72 is the scale

Reply to
Bonerfied

Frank McCurdy

Reply to
Frank McCurdy

Yep, the 1/72 Fujimi Phantoms are good. The F-4G looks fine when finished, but it contains no Wild Weasel ordnance.

Depending on the era you want to represent, you can get Standard ARM and Shrike missiles or modern HARMS and adapters from the Hasegawa weapons sets.

The Fujimi kit also comes with the original 600 gal belly tank. If you want to do a later scheme, you can swipe a tank from an F-15 kit.

Frank

Reply to
ROTORFRANK

Well, I'm just going to throw her up on eBAY. If you are interested in the kit come on and bid on it.

Reply to
Bonerfied