Gun mount in Barracuda?

Can anyone give me any pointers to where I could find out some details about the rear gun mounting in the Fairey Barracuda? I've gone through the Barra section in the FAASIG website (terrific site, BTW) plus the Warpaint on the type and Brown's Wings of the Navy, but I'm hitting a blank on this area.

TIA

David Batt

"The truth is out there . . ., the lies are all in one's head." Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

Reply to
DBatt56523

There's a very good view of it in the Profile, and the news that since opening the gunner's hatch made the plane even harder to control, most never used it, or even left the gun behind.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

I have the Profile with the picture referred to in the other post. Do you want a scan of it?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
PJ

Perhaps you could post it to alt.binaries.model.scale, Pat. I know I'd be interested to see it.

I was looking through the Airwaves "new" product section at this site and came across this, it doesn't show the MG mount but you do get a good idea of how the Telegraphist Air Gunners position should look. Hope this helps, David.

John Pickstock

Am just about to post this on alt.binaries.models.scale, Haven't done this before so hope it's OK.

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Pat & Helen Macguire

Yes please. I've a few Profiles of my own but not the Barra.