HMS Royal Sovereign

Can anyone tell me where I may be able to get hold of plans/blueprints to scratchbuild a model of HMS Royal Sovereign, Admiral Collingwoods flagship at Trafalgar?

Or if not, who do I need to ask?

If you could email a reply I would be greatful as I dont know when I'll get the chance to come on here again.

Many Thanks

Jon Dallimore

Reply to
Jon Dallimore

I would start at White Ensign Models:

They are at vthe forefront of the Royal Navy ship building community.

Reply to
JP Wade

If you want a LOT of internal detail, consider plank on frame instead of plank on bulkhead. Or, at least open up bulkheads at lower gundeck level. Most POB kits sold today do not have full gun carraiges on lower decks, they use dummy (shortened) barrels stuck into stock behind gunport. POF accurately frames lower gunports to provide proper framing for attaching carraiges, and a deck to put them on. POB skips most lower decks, including lower gundeck.

However, as a scratch builder you have a choice of what shape your bulkheads will be, so you can provide lower decks.

You should probably subscribe to Ships >

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I think this is probably going to turn out being too ambitious, but we'll see. Might have to just do the top few decks in full detail. Wont know til I actually start building it. My scratchbuilds just seem to evolve as I do them, and I usually rip bits apart about 5 times before Im happy. Anyway, thanks again. Jon

Reply to
Jon Dallimore