Trafalgar

Does anyone know where I might be able to download some reasonable plans for ships which were at trafalgar? The intention is to do a scrach build of whichever ship has the most detailed plans or pictures available.

Many Thanks Jon Dallimore

PS, if people could email me that would be superb. I rarely have time to check the newsgroups.

Reply to
Jon Dallimore

Don Stauffer

Reply to
Grandpa

When its all said and done I'd bet the HMS Victory is going to be the best documented (in English). You might try searching for that particular vessel. Here's one that Google served up:

Anybody seen her lately? Does she look a day over 200?

WmB

WmB

Well, when I was there in 1997, I was told that she's still about 20% original, mostly in the hull timbers below the waterline. It's like that old axe that gets handed down the generations; the handle's been replaced a few times, and the head flew off that time Grandpaw was using it, but it's the same axe...

Still, I can say that I was aboard the same ship that Nelson was, and she looks as good as new. The Grey Funnel line takes a certain amount of pride in their flagship donch'ya know...

Reply to
Jeff C

best documented (in

For details of Victory and a general overview of ships of the period find a book called "Anatomy of Nelson's ships" by Napier, it has detailed plans for the ship and is an excellent book if that is your interest.

-- estarriol the damned

Reply to
The shuffling Shambling Zombiefied corpse of estarriol

There are plans for the Santissima Trinidad out there on the web somewhere, on a Spanish site if I recall correctly. It should be a decent starting point at least.

Google and ye shall find I think. Anyway I have the web address at home, will look it up tonight and post here.

Staale Sannerud

Reply to
Staale Sannerud

Found it.

Staale Sannerud

"Staale Sannerud" skrev i melding news:bot0pu$df9$ snipped-for-privacy@services.kq.no...

Reply to
Ståle Sannerud

FWIW The title is "The Anatomy of Nelson's Ship" by C.Nepean Longridge. I have an original edition published in 1955 by Percival Marshal, Ltd. There have been later editions, including one by Naval Institute Press here in the U.S.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey