holy grail of kits?

I collected the complete set of IMC Battle damaged aircraft a while back. Now my current Holt grail is the old Monogram Blue Angels set of four F11F Tigers. In the future I'd like to see new toolings of the A-26 Invader and the A-1E and AD4N (the one with the doors on the side instead of dive brakes)Skyraiders in 1/72

ago,.........have

Reply to
Mark M

I'd settle for a DML Ju 188. Although it's not an old kit it's been OOP for quite a while and I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices they go for on eBay.

James

Reply to
James

I've been looking for one of these for quite a while, as my roommate is restoring a 1:1 scale version. Seems like every other year from that decade is well represented except '66...too bad.

Reply to
Wojo

Currently it's a Tamiya Williams FW14B ala Nigel Mansell in 1/20.

Over and above that ( way above at the moment - young baby time...) I've always wanted an Aurora KMS Atlantis - read a book on her years ago, and this ship fascinates me.

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

The Ju188E is scheduled to be re-released later (September?) this year

Me I need the Ju188A

Charlie

Reply to
CharlieH

A complete set of the Renwal 1966 Revival car kits designed by Virgil Exner. I've got 3 (Packard, Duesenberg, Mercer). I still need 2 (Bugatti, Stutz), the hardest to find.

RLM

ago,.........have

Reply to
RLM

I would like a Moonbus as well as a Revell spaceship XSL-01. I know the Aurora Moonbus is rare and I never thought I would see one either. Then at a club meeting someone brought one in for show and tell. I was totally impressed by the kit. For an old Aurora it was a fairly well detailed model and a fair size to boot.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Reply to
a0002604

Oh ... it's worse than you think! ;-)

There's a Jordan Playboy and a Pierce Arrow. I need the Bugatti and the Pierce. Sooo ... you still need 4. Sorry.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Eubanks

When I was a kid I really wanted the 1/48 Stingbat LHX helicopter after seeing it on the shelf in Beatties, it looked so cool with missiles popping out and all the angular lines.... Then I went to my first IPMS Nats in 2001 and ta-dahh! I bought one in a very battered box for just £7. Even had it on display at last years Nats. There's only a few more kits I want as I've managed to pick up the rest over the last couple of years including the Horten flying wing, Testors/Italeri F-19, YF-23 (1/72 & 1/144),

My wants include the Monogram 1/48 F-19, the glow-in-the-dark F-19, more resin 1/72 TSR-2s (available but pricey), and Thunderbird 2.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Al,

It absolutely was available in kit form! I've seen several of them over the years, but tightly held in private collections (Lee Baker, the Chattanooga TN master of the Classic & Antique Car actually built up a MIB kit of the 1911 Chevy about 2 years ago!).

I never even knew the kit or promo existed at the time of its issue in 1961. It seems that SMP/AMT produced it as an exclusive for Chevrolet, distributed only through Chevy dealers, in recognition of the 50th anniversary of Chevrolet (Chevrolet's first production car came in 1912). Promo versions of this car are in metallic gold, with black fenders (I have one of these RARE puppies here), and the kit was molded in black plastic. The very first reference I saw to this kit was in the Joe Henning article in one of the first issues of Rod & Custom Models, where Henning showed the scratchbuilding of the 1911 Marmon Wasp Indy winner, where he used the wheels and tires of the 1911 Chevy kit!

One part of this promo/kit does exist however, that being the vinyl tires that AMT used in their mid-1970's rework of the 1925 Model T Ford roadster (the original AMT 25 T used hard plastic tires molded to the wood spoke wheels).

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

Didn't Glencoe reissue this one a couple of years back?

The Old Timer

darn

Mike Watgen (Mikes Miniature Motors) also repopped it in resin. I believe it was the last kit Mike did before he died. I don't think many were released. That's the one I have.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Eubanks

Oh, great - something else to add to my 'wants' list..... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

For a long time, it's been the Tamiya 1:350 Enterprise for me. The local hobby shop had one on display. As a kid I couldn't afford it, as an adult I realized my modelling skills needed improvement before I'd be able to build this thing satisfactorily. Recently, I've gotten serious about modelling: reading this NG, buying cheap models to practice on - which BTW is resulting an a nice collection of 1:144 airplanes in its own right, buying proper tools, learning how to airbrush, building a paint booth, etc. All with building the Enterprise in mind, although I won't stop at that. Since discovering that there's more than Revell and Airfix, my 'list of things to build' has grown exponentially (not that I'm as bad as some people here...)

(sorry about the quoting style, but my NNTP server doesn't have the original article)

Reply to
Harro de Jong

The only place I've seen the Jordan or Pierce Arrow mentioned was on

a webpage devoted to the Exner Revival cars, but even they don't have pictures of them. I've never seen them or met anyone who has. I even found someone who had a Renwal 1966 model listing and only the 5 I mentioned are on it.

I don't think the Jordan or Pierce Arrow were ever produced.

RLM

Reply to
RLM