I'll take trading any day.

Screw e-bay and squander, I have a lot more fun trading.

After a few exchanges of e-mails I agreed to do a trade with a friend in Italy. Off went two boxes of models and a big stack of ESM72s. Today his parcel arrived. Three Legato kits, one Special Hobby kit, two Broplans, six Dujins, two ESCI tanks, an Extra Tech armored car and an Armo APC. Postage was about $60, but the whole parcel was like an early Christmas.

On top of the good trade, which is ongoing, my friend is going to meet us in Florence during our visit next year. I trade with a dozen modelers worldwide and have met some of them. Always a pleasure.

As to the openng line, I have never used e-bay and only buy the occasional item on sale from squander. I realize that they are valuable sources for most of the hobby, but trading is so much more fun. :-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Ciao !

That is a mighty extra for postage if you ask me and with all due respect ! I know zilts about the customs down south in Italy ( or were u talking 'bout another Florence ?! You never know ! There's a Venice in the USA too ! ), but when parcels like that from the Americas pass the Belgian customs the term Grand Theft Modelkit springs to mind. But to business : I wouldn't mind some Escitanks on my shelves, they are particularly hard to come by overhere. Let us know what you fancy in return and maybe we're in trading business. Best regards,

Patrick Antoni schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
patrick antoni

Patrick

Where in Belgium are you posting from?

I work with a friend who owns a substantial hobby shop. I'm sure that he can come up with some ESCI armor for you. E-mail me and let's see what we can do.

Tom

patrick ant> Ciao !

Reply to
maiesm72

Wow ?! Good news ! Thanks. I live half an hour away from Antwerp city.

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
patrick antoni

Tred my friend's shop today without luck.

Send me a list of which ESCI 1/72 vehicles you are looking for and I'll start castng around for you.

BTW, Italeri has re-boxed some of the ESCI vehicles under their label. Were you aware of these?

Happy odeling,

Tom

patrick ant> Wow ?! Good news ! Thanks. I live half an hour away from Antwerp city. >

Reply to
maiesm72