If you were gonna buy a 1/48 Harrier, Which One Would it Be?

i like yelling at the tv when it's wrong. except i lose my voice in half an hour. i don't watch any "drama" shows anymore. can't relate to anything. someone called this the golden age of dramatic shows. yeah, fools gold.

Reply to
someone

You used to be able to get a thing called the "TV Brick"...it was foam like a Nerf ball, but it looked just like a real red brick. You were supposed to use it to throw at your TV, or at stupid people. I've wanted one at work more than a few times...wish I could get one.

Reply to
Rufus

check ebay toys?

Reply to
someone

Maybe...how long does it take for a Nerf ball to turn to dust?..

Reply to
Rufus

here? about 20 minutes. i think they are better lived in the real world. i have seen a 20 year old nerf football. hard as a rock, but intact. have you checked the nerf catalogue? or ts mcphee's?

Reply to
someone

It actually smacked of being one of those Ronco type things...but I'll take a Google at it.

Reply to
Rufus

This is the thing I was thinking of...

Rufus

don't you like having almost the entirety of human knowledge at your fingers?

Reply to
someone

good start

Reply to
someone

It is handy.

Reply to
Rufus

The worst one I've seen recently (a couple years ago) was of a supposed flag burning where the guy got himself set on fire in the process - the whole picture was composited from shots on the same street, but at different times...the shadows were off, the people in the in the crowd changed radically, and the edge focus and depth of field didn't even match. I dunno how the AP sold that one off, but they did...makes me wonder if the story line was even genuine.

I caught one once at work too - a nice shot an F/A-18 flying extremely low in one of the local valleys that was being taken down because it "was getting pilots in trouble"...even though it's a fake?, I asked. They wanted to know how I could tell so fast...

...the shadow that should have been under the jet was missing.

Reply to
Rufus

Pat Flannery wrote: : : Especially on that "Wings" episode where they have the B-17 armed with : the ten _50 mm_ machine guns. : Christ, that would keep the Fw-190s away, wouldn't it? : On the way home they could start picking off Tiger tanks on the ground. :-D : What, you did not realize that was a super sekrit project that was to air on a cancelled episode of "Sekrit Aircraft of the US Army Air Corps"?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I remember a time back in the '80s when we lost a B-52 and the AP photo in the paper was of the XB-52! It was not much like the one we lost despite the caption.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I still want to get more info on the He-177s with the battery of upward-firing rockets in their fuselage that they were going to shoot at allied bomber formations from below.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery