Italeri SM.79 Question.

Got the new kit ,looks quite goodbut it only gives paint in Model master
colours.I am not to bothered about the cammoflage as I can bodge that but
what colour is the interior in Humbrol?
Any help would be greatfully receved.
Reply to
Rory Manton
You probably want 'anti-corrosion green' if Humbrol carries that color. The ltalians had at least three variants--they are all more or less in the same category as British interior gray-green or RLM 02, though one is much lighter and doesn't have a gray cast at all, and another 'verdi prato anticorrsione,' is closer to RLM 82. I'm just eyeballing the colors, not referring to any FS tables or such.
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
in article snipped-for-privacy@news05.west.earthlink.net, Mark Schynert at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote on 4/1/04 7:23:
Thanks for that but when you say RLM 82 would that be the dark green or the bright green as I seam to recall a bit of controversy over the designation and description of RLM 82 and RLM 83?.
Eather way is good as I have both those colours kicking obout somewhere.
Reply to
Rory Manton
It is a pale apple green called "Verde Anticorrosione". Use 90% of Humbrol #23 (Duck Egg Blue), corrected with a 10% of #30 (Matt Dark Green). Misterkit (as MKAC001) and Lifecolor (as UA116) now offer ready-to-use choices. Consider
as a reference about camouflages and their correspondence in most common modelling color ranges. HTH
-- Luca Beato -
del plastimodellismo su
Luca Beato
Hello, I have used Humbrol 78 a light green. For the mottled camouflage I use 105 for the olive green, 113 dark brown, 94 for the sand and 64 for the grey. I have had some problems with the parts 27 and 28 because I don't follow the indication, I have tried to assemble them together before attaching them to the fuselage it doesn't work. Best regards
-- Manuel Estevez IPMS France 551
"Club de la Vallée de l'Ousse"
"Shermans en France"
"Rory Manton" a écrit dans le message de news:BC1D0089.6E8BB% snipped-for-privacy@griffon65.freeserve.co.uk...
Reply to
Jose-Manuel Estevez
The brighter green is what I was thinking of for RLM 82.
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
SM.79 interior color was the same light grey blue as the bottom of the aircraft. The anti-corrisivo green was used on fighters.
Ciao,
Ken Pacific Coast Models, Inc.
Reply to
KLawr63125
Hello Ken. This is partially true. At least on the SM.79 the green was used in the cockpit structural frame
and
as the other "inhabited" areas of the fuselage. Actually, the bomb bay (often seen through when the hatch above it is open, behind the dorsal machine gun) and some other areas of the rear fuselage were in Grigio-Azzurro.
-- Luca Beato -
del plastimodellismo su
Luca Beato