Looking for 155 mm Ammo 1/35 scale

Hi there.

I am looking for some 155 mm Ammo *SHELLS* in 1/35 scale.

There seem to be two sources.

1) Italeri Modern Combat Gear which has eleven 155 mm Shells

2) Verlinden 155 mm Ammo which has ? number of shells.

Does anyone here know how many *SHELLS* are in the Verlinden set?

Anyone here have any of thte Italeri 155 mm shells they don't want?

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

The best set is a 155mm/203mm (8") one from AFV Club as the rounds also come with charges and nose lifting lugs. If this is for your Israeli project it's the one you want. Even comes with decals which in this case are also apropos.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Hey there Cookie.

My sincerest thanks yet again. In my search for 155 mm ammo I never even thought of AFV Club.

Do you know how many shells are in the AFV Club set?

And yes, this is for my Israeli M-109 Doher project.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

Hi there again.

Oops! Ifound it but it's out of my price range for the number of shells I was hoping to get. There are only 8 shells of 155 mm caliber in the set for $24.00 CDN.

"AFV Club 1/35 scale 155mm/203mm Howitzer Rounds and Cases model kit. This kit contains 6 x 203mm and 8 x 155mm precision brass howitzer rounds along with injection-molded plastic storage cases.

Kit #AFV35017"

Do you know how many shells there are in the Verlinden 155 mm ammo set? Do you know if the 8 rounds in the pallet are loose shells?

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

The Verlinden set came in a scotch tape sealed box containing a zip top poly bag with 2 sticks of 4 shells with the lift eyes, 1 top and 1 bottom for the pallet, 1 stick with 3 shells, 2 fused and 1 lift eye, one stick with 3 different kind of shells, 1 fuse box with 1 lid, 8 small fuses or lift eyes on the above sticks, 2 short thick cylinders and 2 long thin cylinders for the charge bags. No decals. It was advertised as a double kit but the above was all I received. Did not seem a good value. Disappointed, I got the AFV set. The box contained one large decal sheet, 1 package of 8 turned brass 155 shells and 6 turned brass 203 shells. 1 package with 4 identical molded plastic trees. Each tree has six 203 shells with lift eyes, six short cylinders with six covers, one top and bottom 203 pallet, eight 155 shells with lift eyes, eight long thin cylinders with eight covers, one top and bottom 155 pallet. No fuses or fuse box. Very satisfactory outcome. Hope this helps. Sillyme

Reply to
S A

Hi there.

Thank you very much for that info. That makes the price of the set much more reasonable. SOmetimes it is hard to determine how big a kit box is or what is in it when looking at images on the web.

Cheers again from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2