Looking for...

...a model of a 1964 Chrysler 300. I've looked in most hobby places in the Chicago area and just can't seem to find one. Did they ever make such a model? Any place I could begin my search?

Reply to
tranch728

Try calling Al's Hobby in Elmhurst - (630) 832-4908. They handle a good deal of die-cast as well as being very knowlegable.

Reply to
Rufus

Yes, it was made...in 1964. They're not too thick on the ground and the tooling likely disappeared. It was made by JoHan and the company has gone through some metamorphoses over the years. What's left of the tooling is owned by Okey Spaulding who is attempting to get some things back on the market. I've never heard any rumours about any Chryslers returning. I'm still keeping an eye out for a '65 myself. :( I think the closest I'll get is the instruction sheet I bought today.

Your best bet is checking with Fred Sterns or Tom Carter(Hobby Heaven). It won't be cheap.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller