matchbox

examining a new made in china and original bf100 doesn't show any differences. even the three colors are the same. the decals are on whiter background paper, but i think that's age. otherwise ther is no real difference. drop by and you can check them out.

They surely did ruin a great site. Before I could spend hours grazing in there. Now you sort of have to order a specific item and that's all you see until you order something else. Mostly for me, it just lay there and mocked me. :[

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've given up on ebay. 3 times I've tried to register - no go. They can take their online auction house and shove it up their fundamental orifice. I know I'll miss out, but I don't need anything that badly.

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I've built quite a few original MB models over the years. The new Chinese ones seem to be made from a lesser quality plastic than the old Brit ones. That said, they still seem to fit together as well as the originals.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

the bf 110 is just fine. the plastic isn't as brittle and is easier to fill.

Happened to a friend of mine as well. She kept punching in her charge card info and it wouldn't take it. Turns out if was only a debit card and ebay didn't bother to tell us that debit cards aren't acceptable. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

ebay took my debit card ok

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Wasn't that far along - I can't even get them to send me a link that works!

RobG Gotta love that interknob thingy...

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Thanks to all that posted info about Matchbox kit sources. I've decided to save the Matchbox kit quest until after I've completed my

1/72 Airfix kit and Squadron/Signal "In Action" series book collections. Then, I can start a new quest for 1/72 Matchbox kits.

Am I the only person that has no interest in something until AFTER it has gone out of production? ;^)

Martin

Reply to
Martin

you're welsome to come and see my motorcycle collection. newest bike is 1978.

Nope, between people who want sixties annual car kits and those that want every Aurora kit ever made you're in good company. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

What about someone who actually WANTS Merlin kits?

Incoming!!!!!

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Well, maybe the Pfalz Dr.I or something else that no one else is done. You better turn your lights out, the peasants with the torches and pitchforks are coming up the drive! 8^)

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Can't use that excuse. The Pfalz Dr.I was done in metal by C.A.Atkins and in cast resin by Czech Master, also released under the Airmodel label.

I have no excuse. I must live with the shame.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Martin at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 27/11/04 18:21:

My name is Rory and I collect Matchbox kits.

Have done for years, hence 7 piston Provosts, 4 Hawker Furies, 3 Cobras, Hellcats, 2 110's , 2 Lynx etc,etc. HELP ME PLEASE.

Rory Manton

It's Not Pink It's Telemagenta

Reply to
Rory Manton

No. The Airmodel Pfalz Dr.I is the Czech Master kit released under the Airmodel label.

A handful of Merln kits are actually pretty buildable. The only one I ever completed is the Breguet Br.14, but some of the WWI kits look pretty good.

I have all of the original Veeday kits. The Jenny is the best of the bunch. I did a magazine review of a couple of Veeday kits when they first came out. The owner threatened to sue me if I ever mentioned their products again. Of course I did several reviews after that. The funny thing is the review suggested that every reader buy one and help the new company get going.

Why I ended up collecting Veeday, Merlin, Valhala, etc. I don't know. Perverse sense of humor? Irony? Who knows.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Reply to
Steve Collins

So, did you ever build the EE P.1? That's the only one I still have in the stash.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You should have had 6 AW Meteors like I did until recently. I think I still have 4 or 5 MiG-21s, 3 Mystere 4s, 4 Furies and about 10 Gladiators, built and unbuilt.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i had four walrus', 4 bf110's, and 2 111's but i gave away two wlarus'. i have 4 lindberg glads, 410's, 234's, and

335's. it's a sicknes i tell ya.