ME-109E3 vs Spitfire Mk Vb

Just wondering if anyone knew if this ever happened? I know the E's were replaced by the F around '41 or so, but I don't know if their was an overlap of service where this might have occurred (i.e. I doubt all the E's were swapped out in a short period of time). I have 1/32 scale of each but would like to have a set of planes that could've actually seen combat against each other. From what I've seen on the internet, the only Mk I/II in that scale is an (old) Revell version...I may have to buy that with a resin cockpit...is it too late to get word to Santa????

Scherer

on 12/20/2007 5:43 PM Scherer said the following:

I would suspect that many squadrons had a mix of old and new, especially near the end of the war when Germany's aircraft production had been pounded to hell.

Reply to
willshak

That kit has apparently been improved over the original Revell version with the aid of Hasegawa:

have never heard of a Spitfire with a poison gas detector on it. :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

The original Revell Spitfire and Seafire Mk Ib is pretty old and needs some work, but Revell has reboxed a Hasegawa Spitfire I/II.It's the old Hasegawa Mk V and VI with some new details,including new correct wings for the 8 .303 guns. The Hasegawa boxing carries "only" the actual kit, while the Revell boxin carries all the frames,giving you 3 different set of blades / spinners for 3 bladers and 1 set for a fourblader, both Vokes, Standard and Abukir filtes, clipped tips, standard tips and extended tips and two sets of exhausts. At least both my boxex did.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen