NA 16 / BT-9 kits

Is there anything out there for the North American BT-9 trainer, in any scale?

Thanks and cheers Jim.

The two x's in my address are attempted spam-stoppers. Please remove them if you think a direct reply is necessary.

Reply to
Jim

Azur does a nice BT-9 injectrion molded kit in 1/72.

Czech Master has an equally nice cast resin kit, as does Munin (possibly a re-boxed Czech Master).

Best to avoid the Beechnut kit. Crude at best.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

"Maiesm72" wrote

****** Ok, they all seem to be in 1/72nd. That's a start. Thanks Tom I appreciate the quick information feed-back.

Cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim

"Jeff C" wrote

****** Roger-D Jeff but the problem is that Mike's [Mike Belcher] kits were of the BT-14 [Kit BK-03] and of the NA-64 Yale [Kit BK-04] - Both have the full metal fuselage and the 'triangular tail' among other differences that prevent a ready conversion to a BT-9. I tried and in fact I had Mike here in the house this morning and he explained why I couldn't make a BT-9 without a tremendous amount of work. At one time he was working on a BT-9 but trainer models just don't seem to sell very well. I'm pushing to have him go at it again but as with most of these smaller businesses he's a one man band and these guys can get pretty busy........... Mike wrote an excellent tutorial on the NA-16 and its descendants in the IPMS Canada publication Random Thoughts Vol.26 No.3 [still listed as available as a back issue] - complete with drawings and type information.

Unfortunately the Occidental Harvard/Texan is of the stressed skin type. And yes, I do believe some of his kits are still available..........

Much appreciate the effort............ Thanks. Jim.

Reply to
Jim

Well, the Munin kit was originally commisioned (master + molding) from the people behind CzechMaster and they later sold it under their own name as well. The Munin kit has full instructions and decals (Swedish / French) and is boxed - I think the CzechMaster was only bagged, but I am not sure. In any case, with the Azur kit out, there is little need for any of the resin kits in 1/72 nowadays.

Sten Sundelin (one of the guys behind Munin Models - the other half is Leif Hellström)

Reply to
Sten