Navy One heading to museum

Anyway, Bush never ran against Clinton; he ran against Gore, who volunteered to go to Viet Nam, unlike Bush, who turned down the one opportunity presented him while he was in the Guard. Not so fast, Al Gore was enroute to Canada when his daddy, the great civil rights bulwark, ordered him to enlist so as to not foul up his pokitical future.AlGore enlisted, was sent to journalism school,(I think this was at Ft.Lee,VA.The MOS was closed to first term enkistees at the time.How odd Pvt E2 Gore got in...) He did indeed go to the Nam, and promptly sat at Long Binh shooting pics and blowing weed. Got a very early out to go to ,and flunk out of ,divinity school. Bush's eight month drop from the Guard was not unusual ,particularly for education and attendance.

Your assualt won't wash..and you can toddle back toWon'tMoveon.ugh

Reply to
dave

It's the first time a sitting President made a carrier trap. And the first time a USN aircraft had the call sign "Navy 1". Air Force One you know about, and Marine One is the President's helo, hence the Navy One for that S-3.

One of Ike's Army 1's lives at Ft Rucker, too

Reply to
dave

Bush's eight month drop from that Guard was indeed NOT unusual. What was unusual was his twenty-two month blow-off when he split for Alabama to "help on a re-election campaign". He was ordered to report to an Alabama Guard unit while there and didn't bother. The all-American Action Hero was AWOL. Didn't even get his hand slapped. How odd, to use your words. Politicians and sons of politicians, don't you just love them? Don't they just suck?

The Old Timer

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamless (The Old Timer) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m03.aol.com:

I keep hearing that story but I have yet to see any actual ecidence of it. It seems more of an urban legend than fact.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

has anyone ever wondered why people consistently vote people into positions of power who they normally wouldn't even allow into their own homes?

Sean Neilan Peace leads to strength. Strength leads to war. War leads to weakness. Weakness leads to peace.

Imagine what we will learn when people are not afraid to ask whatever they wish?- JH

If sense is so common, why do so few people have it?

Reply to
IncubusNitemare

Who said that the only people who would run for public office are, by definition, unfit for it.... (I'm probably paraphrasing wildly)

Sounds like Will Rogers or Mark Twain might have said it... I really can't recall.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

in article Xns93D99BC3D16FDWereofftoseethewizrd@206.127.4.25, Gray Ghost at snipped-for-privacy@yahooo.com wrote on 08/16/03 2:15 PM:

Interesting. I wouldn't vote for Bush for the same reasons but them I'm a Texan. The alternative? Damn tough call. Can't remember when we had two sorrier choices for any public office.

Just my opinion.

Reply to
Milton Bell

in article Xns93D986BCABED5Wereofftoseethewizrd@206.127.4.25, Gray Ghost at snipped-for-privacy@yahooo.com wrote on 08/16/03 12:11 PM:

You can go to urban legends and check it out. Try a google search.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

The last line of your SIG block says it! Read your own SIG

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reply to
Mike Keown

Milton Bell wrote in news:BB641664.222B5% snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com:

Mostly what I find is the ramblings of left wing nuts. You would think if there was hard evidence someone could produce it. Or aren't the lefties that smart?

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Milton Bell wrote in news:BB651EC4.222F4% snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com:

I don't know. It would seem to be up to the indiviuals making the accusation to provide some hard evidence. Not just empty finger pointing. That seems to be the big problem with wing nuts on either side. Conspiracies where there are none.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Stains on a dress, one used Cuban cigar, and one bottom lip biting public confession on national television. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

in article ujS%a.27642$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net, WmB at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote on 08/17/03 4:19 PM:

Damn. Bush did that too?

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Don't forget Hillary's book...unless you think she's just riding the hype to rake in some cash...

Reply to
Rufus

"Smart" would entail avoiding logical fallacies like the ad hominem commentary you've offered.

If you want to refute the evidence presented on those pages, then maybe you should do that. What does the political stripe of the author have anything to do with anything?

Spider

Reply to
Spider

Maybe I just don't get the whole 'Cult of President' thing.

Reply to
Dave Fleming

That's okay. We Americans don't get the 'Cult of Royalty' thing.... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Not to mention the "Cult of Mass Murders)" which dominate many parts of the world. :-(

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Typical reactionary blowtrap. If you can't find something substantive to say regarding allegations about Bush, bringing in a straw dog like Clinton and taking shots at him impresses nobody (except perhaps typical reactionaries.) I don't really care a whit about Clinton--he's made is place in history, and it's not all that attractive. Nor do I really care whether Bush ducked part of his Guard service--many fine upstanding patriots voted for him with full knowledge of that, and if the issue didn't bother them, why should it bother anyone? At worst, it's indicative of a certain crass immaturity that afflicts a lot of young people. I was crass and immature at one time; the issue is whether we grow away from that kind of behavior, whether it's blowing weed in Nam or buying ooze while underage or drag racing on city streets. Jesus Christ has yet to run for president, and I bet you he wouldn't get all that many votes if he did, cause 3/4 of the electorate wouldn't even know what they had.

I'm sorry if I interjected a rational argument on your behalf--most likely you would have done so if you were so inclined in the first place.

markSchynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert