One Special B-24

So I'm sitting here watching one of my old tapes and there is movie footage of the one B-24 that had a B-17G's nose grafted on. I have a still photo in a book but I can't see the tail to see any of the serial. Anyone have an idea? Anyone know where to start looking?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

70's wings, air combat, one of those. i don't remember which.
Reply to
someone

Here ya go, quick google search. Enjoy, Mark

Mark M

Wow, thanks Mark! I foresee a kitbash in my future.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yeah, that plane has face that only a mother could love...

Guess we should start some kind of thread on what kitbashes like this that could work - replacing the radial engine planes with inline engines, Stuart tanks with Sherman turrets. This could actually be a good way to deal with all the half built kits that over the years are missing clear parts, etc....

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

i got a 1/48 b24d that is missing some small parts. i would have to kinds build it to know which. i half ass started the interior and i think some small parts of the landing gear are missing. i don't want a gear up model. matbe i could make some "experimental" landing geat with stuff from the parts box. any suggestions?

Reply to
someone

How about a ski undercarriage with Russian markings, some kind of Stalingrad transport?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

that would look cool, but i want something that actually existed. so no pontoons either, darn it.

Reply to
someone