OT: DAMN...I just bought another guitar...AGAIN...

...a wine red Les Paul Deluxe reissue...in commemoration of my recent bleeding episode.

AND - I just got a call that the Ampeg Dan Armstrong reissue I ordered which wasn't supposed to be here until March '07 came in today...I'll go pick it up tomorrow.

Reply to
Rufus

i can quit anytime i want!!!

I've been ordered to buy fewer but better guitars. Sort of a soft and fuzzy "stop buying" signal from the family. Got my little Martin from Santa, but I still feel the need for a Rickenbacker...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Hmmnnnn...Rickenbacker...

Reply to
Rufus

all that's left of my rock and roll insanity is a martin. and a harmonica.

Good grief, you guys. What in the world are you going to do with more than one guitar?

I suppose you buy models when you don't really need them, too. Maybe a box or two tucked away just in case they stop making plastic?

Next thing you'll be starting kits, put them aside, and maybe get back to them later (27 for me), just like playing a new guitar for a day or two, setting it aside and maybe get back to it after a couple more new ones.

At least e can fit as many harmonicas into a drawer as he acquires them with room left over for socks.

Some people!

Tom

e wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

You are making me drool bad now.......

But... I have to keep focus. I am saving to get a small APO telescope right now to use as a finder, and wide field instrument on my larger OTA (C 11) Spring is coming and I am getting ready for a lot of observing and some imaging.

In the past three months I HAVE finished or almost finished THREE models !! Dragon 8,8cm Flak 36, Dragon 5 cm PAK 38, and Dragon Sdkfz 251 C (still have the tracks to do for the 251)

The next several in line are a AFV 7.5 cm PAK 40,

8.8 cm PAK 41/43, DML Stug III F, and a Dragon PUMA

These will be done by April. (so my 11 Bravo son can see them on next leave)

Reply to
AM

well the Little Martin makes it 12 guitars for me. not a clue when I will find time for lessons to learn how to play them....Hell, I just find them nice to look at....Buy, Buy, Buy.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I just got my Dan Armstrong home and all I can say is - HOLY KEY-RAP!!!!

It's the only guitar I've ever picked up that plays as good as (or possibly even better than...) my '78 Les Paul Custom; and it's also just a bit lighter. It feels small because it's not as thick as the Paul is. And it's very well balanced.

The thing is a beauty to look at - and so is the case. People in the store were drooling over the case, too. It's checked like an Ampeg amp, with a big metal Ampeg logo on it, and it's a deep plush burgundy shag on the inside - not bright red like the one in the company photos on the web. I was afraid I might get a blue one - a guy up in Seattle said his case was blue on the inside, so I guess they come in different colors.

I plugged it into my Carvin 112 amp (my stack is stuck in our practice space) - it sounds fantastic; like a Les Paul with distortion, like a Tele when it's clean - very bright and clear. It came with two pickups

- a humbucker and a single coil. I've only listened to the humbucker sound, but I'm sure this thing is going to scream through the stack with either one...when I explained how the removable pickups work to the folks in the store you could hear the gasps...everyone wants one. I got mine...now I'd really like to have another one. I already told them that if Ampeg does do what they advertised and also release a smoke colored one I'll be wanting that one as well...if you can get one, GET ONE, by all means.

Now I just have to wait for delivery of that Deluxe next week...along with that 1/72 Gato I ordered...bet the boxes will be the same size...

Reply to
Rufus

I don't think I'd want to use a harmonica that's stored with 'e's socks. I wouldn't store my harmonica with my socks, either.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

actually. my harmonica is on a neck stand and sits in my corduroy cap next to the martin. "play your harmonica, bob."