OT ---- Happy birthday -- OT

I'm going to be out tomorrow evening celebrating with a couple Marine buddies and probably won't be on the computer so I'm going to extend my birthday wish a few hours early. Here's wishing all you Marines and former Marines out in RMS-land a very happy 230th birthday!

"If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes; They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

-- Semper fi; Bill

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Going to Tun Tavern?

Reply to
Old Timer

Sadly, it's not there anymore.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Actually, Tun Tavern II was the name of the Enlisted Men's Club in the Philadelphia Navy Yard when I was stationed there in 1966-68. Some good times there and the best Philly Cheese-Steak in the area, bar none. I've always thought that it was ironic that the first Marine Corps Recruiting Station was in a tavern......

Semper Fi.

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer