OT - Time for the UK to leave the EU?

"Gray Ghost" wrote

Y'know Frank, there are many people who believe almost exactly as you do, save for the fact that they rank the World's Three Most Prominent Communists as:

  1. Karl Marx
  2. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
  3. Friedrich Engels

Interesting disconnect there.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Even more of an interesting disconnect, is that they ALL came from wealthy families..........

Allan

Reply to
AM

"Kurt Laughlin" wrote in news:NKGve.1532$fM6.103@trndny04:

exactly as you

Prominent

I understand the disconnect. I do not like FDR, primarily for his social policies and late war sellouts to Uncle Joe.

But give the devil his due, as a war time leader he showed more grit than the entire Democratic Party (House, Senate and DNC) today. And he did give at least the appearance of being Pro-American.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

220,000 gun laws in this country and yet they jump at the chance to pass another one every time there is a tragedy.

Sadly you are correct. They are not interested in enforcement, mainly because if they/we did enforce the existing laws, it would lower gun crime. Something the liberals do not want to happen........ (they want guns gone completely)

The really stupid thing is, that there is no way of knowing who has what firearms in the USA ! They have been around too long to keep track. Firearms last a LONG time ! I have fired weapons made in the early

1860's many times, and they work just fine today. And a six shot .44 revolver made in 1862, is just as deadly today as it was back then !! (almost same ballistics as a modern .45 Colt Auto round)

So the only way they could do it, is by going house to house and searching for them. And I bet the far left would have NO problem doing that. Talk about wanting to trash the Constitution..........................

Instead of teaching compassion to gays (and the like) we should be teaching that one must respect ALL other people, not just a few minorities. And there should be no hate crimes, but crimes against another person period are wrong.

Instead of teaching political correctness, we should be teaching personal RESPONSIBILITY !!! And taking responsibility for ones own actions........................

Allan

Reply to
AM

Heh.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I just loooooove that shit, some commercial interest likes your land so you have to sell to them, I think not. I wonder how much cash passed under the table on that deal?

Read "The Road to Damascus"....scifi but gives a scary picture of social programming gone real wrong, real fast.

Reply to
Ron

My comments are inserted below the applicable sections of the previous post

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Bill Woodier" wrote in news:fCxwe.11302$Xr6.8758@trnddc07:

...... not onto

the previous

harm."

message

are

they

not doing

majority of the

office.

Yeah as they slowly make illegal any and all advertising that they might find objectionable (read that as accurately describes what the scumbags are up to). Going after the bloggers now. Yeah buddy, I've already been through several crooked elections, forgive me if I'm starting to have my doubts. Especially since the Demonrats want to open up voting to non-citizens and illegal aliens (rendering any meaning of 'citizen' as pointless) and wanting to make changes to make cheating flawless.

rights

an

on

these

officer in about

company called

got up on

pressed a .38 cal

it. I also

to anyone

guess. Now it

the money to

robber, drug

What I'm saying is if local tyrants start confiscationg people's property to give it to developers they will eventually do it to the wrong person and get rewarded with a bullet in the brain. Leave people no options take all they've got and what do you expect? Cowed compliance?

And why the Hell can't a citizen have a vest? I don't think my skin is any more bullet resistant than yours.

wants

reason for the

good." I don't

you're

think. If

not be

of that town

haven't had

I just

the

unstoppable and

don't make

County

say no, or

these area,

(condos, etc

overstressing an

support the people

covered jungles

Traffic on I-66 is

1500 until

without having a

him wanting to

developers don't

them don't live

Huh? Fairfax County is reducing build out by zoning such that only large expensive house are built. R2/R4 zoning? They only wan the swells living there. Maybe if they built more affordable housing lower economic level folks meaning retail store folks and other lower paid service types can have a place to live.

The problem with the roads is

1) the d*****ad environuts who oppose anything that smacks of progress and won't stop until we are living in hive cities with 20 sq ft each so we don't diturb the planet anymore than we have to

2) Dishonest asshole politicians who collect billion in taxes from auto owners and then spend it on anything else but

3) Brain dead civil engineers that can't seem to design a Lego house never mind a road system or traffic light sequences.

4) Union labor and wothless construction companies that can't build either quickly or cheaply.

And that's my .02 worth.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

The BIG problem with our road structure is the local govts. (and Fairfax county is a big offender !!) I.e. the county, approves the zoning like you wrote, but does NOT force the developers to pay anything towards the infrastructure costs, and or do any proper planning surveys on traffic in regards to said road infrastructure (don't know if I said this right...)

The Cameron Station PX in Alexandria was demolished, and developers put in over 900 townhomes. Now 236 can handle the in and out load, but other key streets just got an overdose of very heavy rush hour traffic, that really causes a big problem for the rest of us... We used to have excellent water pressure until this, and another townhome development @ 236 & N. Quaker lane. Now it is mediocre at best. (hey, this matters to some people :)

Same with some developments in Centerville also. (what I know of that is)

Between the dishonest politicians, and the greedy developers we are screwed.......................

Allan

Reply to
AM