OT Weather Report??

Checked the thermometer at 4AM..........

-30*F !!!

I'm having trouble remembering why I retired in Montana(??) (Perhaps just a case of frost bite of the brain?)

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Rick Fluke snipped-for-privacy@blackfoot.net

Reply to
Unamodeler

in article snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com, Unamodeler at Unamodeler snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com wrote on 1/6/04 6:52 AM:

I hope you had a good reason to be up a 4:00 in the morning! And I hope you didn't stay up long.

It was a balmy 29F here in Central Texas when I got up this morning. About as cold as I've seen it so far.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

It was so cold in Denver this morning that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Stay near the fire

Ron R

Reply to
Ron Radonovich

Rick wrote in the frost on the window:

I'll bet your dogs are glad the kennel is heated!

It was a balmy +6*F here in St Louis this morning at 6:00 AM. I could care less what the temp was at 4:00AM, no way I am getting out of my comfy bed that early.

Oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

and you could tell he was lying because his lips were moving?

damn freezing 55f here in the mojave. i may have to wear a sweater! (sorry guys, i do feel for you. i'm still cold from the boston winter of 96-97.)

Yes, But the sand is not blowing here in St. Louis and I don't have scorpions in the stash in the garage. The temp does sound good though :-)

oxmoron1 MFE Joints are the only things stiff today!

Reply to
OXMORON1

James wrote in reply to Ron's note:

And he was wearing a necktie to keep his foreskin from slipping up over his face?

Couldn't help it just got back from a deposition1

oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

in 8 years, i have never seen a scorpion. some damned big black widows, but they are easy know where to find and easier still to kill. i love the brakecleaner blowtorch. and i take pleasure watching the fry. never seen a snake, centipede or vinagroon either. have seen many jackrabbits, really cool little owls and many, many voles. sand can be a problem, but the worst is the wind. what overwhelms it all is the incredible beauty.

and a good deposition would be all the attorneys laid out stiff?

If the alphabet is Roman it's probably Polish. Another good indicator is the extensive use of consonantal dipthongs, ie. sz, cz, dz and my fave, rz. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Then you missed that beautiful almost-full moon. It's shining brightly out there tonight. Kinda makes you want to howl a little. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I would give anything to freeze my butt off - at least I can get comfatably warm.

At the moment, it is 31C (I think that is about 99F) here in sunny Brisbane.

that would be a nice spring day here.

It's all relative, eh? It got down to 32°F two nights ago, and I was miserable. Cold for the SF Bay Area, but I'm sure Rick would take it in a Helena minute.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

in article 03KKb.104$ snipped-for-privacy@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au, W at still snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote on 1/6/04 8:24 PM:

Well, in about 6 or 7 months it'll be that way here. I can hardly wait! I truly hate being cold.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

we had ice on the puddles! i had to put a blanket on the bed.

Current Indianapolis weather (4:38 a.m. local)

Lightly Cloudy

13°

Wind: WSW 12mph

Wind chill: -1°

Humidity: 65%

Dew Point: 5°

Bar. Press.: 30.47R

"Baby it's cold outside!!!"

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

On one sub zero North Dakota mourning I relieved myself onto a steel garbage can. When those hot fluids hit that super cold surface the noise was like that of a large fire cracker or too close for comfort rifle report. I really learned the meaning of the saying " The Crack of Dawn" that mourning. Thank God I don't live there anymore.:-) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

In article , Vess Irvine writes

That sounds interesting. I don't have much hobby time ATM, but I keep toying with the idea of getting into the "Aeronef" wargames rules - preferably on the cheap!

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth