OT Where are the Carriers?

A friend of mine just told me the that the Carrier JFK is in the Gulf of Mexico. Supposed to be sending planes to the Avon Park bombing range. Does any one know how to find out where U.S warships are at at any time? Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve Jahn

Contact the Mayor of Olongapo City, Phillipines. The locals always seemed to know well in advance whenever Kittyhawk was headed there. ; )

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Wise guy, yes. Truthfull, yes. When I was waiting for Enterprise at Olongapo, no one could officially tell me when she would arrive. However, the bar girls knew two weeks in advance and let me in on it.

The paper today said Enterprise returned home today. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Wise Guy! :-) Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I've heard these stories from others. One of my friends at work was on carriers during the Viet Nam War. He claims some of them would be flown in ahead on a C-2 to prepare for the airgroups, and were told the carrier schedules were classified secret. But when they arrived half the Bar Girls were already in-place with the rest on their way, and all knew when the carrier would dock.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Well I'm no Philipino hoochie mama... but the Big E made home port in Norfolk this past Sunday. But if you want to leave a tip just the same, what the hell. ;-)

WmB

WmB

FWIW I've heard similar stories about the Yokusuka Bar girls during the Korean War. I guess some things transcend military security and never change.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

JFK will be back in dock on Friday, Darren

Reply to
Darren

Steve

CV Location site

gives recent history - present location - and some future stuff like planned decommissioning date.

Gee I still wonder how the local port girls knew during Korea and Viet Nam without the internet. This takes all the fun out of life.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

...intercourse-net?..