OT: Who remembered?

I was wondering if anyone else remembered to observe a minute of silence on the

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to remember Armistice Day and those who sacrificed all to achieve it.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Yes, at work they make an announcement, a moment of silence and play taps on the PA.

Reply to
Val Kraut

Yeah but its not just those who fought in that war that need remembering- I add my sleeping friends from the Falklands and Gulf war to that list as well.

Cheers Kev

Reply to
KEV OF BBA

Two minutes at the office I was in.

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

I did. I'm involved with a Sea Cadet unit and was at their premises yesterday gutting a few old portacabins to make way for new buildings. When

11am arrived, myself and my fellow workers stopped work and observed the silence - it was nice to see the majority of people doing the same.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Yes' of course. I also remembered my lost buddies from the Vietnam War, Grenada, the Gulf War, and Somalia as well. My initial post was merely indicating the original concept of the remembrance; for those from "the war to end all wars."

Cheers.....Bill

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

I guess it does; unless you were reading out loud ;~).

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Two of us 'reminded' the boss - the siren went off at 11, then again at

11.01. As far as I cvould see, all the guys stopped.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Reply to