[FU] Death to Scott Peterson and all who care about this case

I was all set to watch the 20/20 article tonight on wife-swapping but it got bumped by more "news" about this shit. Is there really anything more to be said at this point? If California didn't allow TV cameras in the courtrooms -or if he and his wife were ugly - no one outside of Modesto would've ever heard of him. Instead, the hausfraus have something more to click their tongues about and further confirmation that men are pigs.

People were worried that Ashcroft was going to postpone the election. What nonsense. The real fear was that the verdict would've come in on November

2nd and the polls would've had to close because the workers would've stayed home to watch the coverage . . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I tried wife swapping once, got a great second hand bicycle for mine ;-)

Reply to
David Amos

Ya know, I was kind of wondering why this made the national news. There's been plenty of people who've murdered their spouses that didn't get national airplay. The media puppetheads deserve a good slap. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I was really hoping that they'd find out that Nancy Grace did it.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Yeah, I keep asking just who the heck they are & why all the media coverage!

Reply to
frank may

I thought COL Mustard did it in the library with a candlestick. ;~)

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

"frank may" wrote

A telling statistic I saw awhile ago was that the evening network news shows (high percentage male audience) had shown up to that point an average of 7 minutes of Peterson case coverage while the morning network "news" shows (high percentage female audience) had shown an average of 114 minutes. . . [Numbers are approximate but represent disparity accurately.]

The Hausfrau Nation. I'm reminded of an old National lampoon article "Donahue's Legions". I saw some article yesterday or today where some young nitwit explained that she was interested in the case because she "was engaged and hoped to have a family." I pity the poor bastard who's marrying that.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

At least OJ's got a new suspect to investigate--Peterson could have killed Nicole when he was--what-- fifteen?

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

As soon as Gloria Allred got into it on "behalf" of Amber Fry, there was no way it wasn't going to go national.

Reply to
Rufus

FWIW You hit the nail right on the head on this one. Face it! The 6 o'Clock news isn't news anymore, it's entertainment to sell advertising. Look at some of the empty "Talking Heads" that we have spewing this stuff.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"William H. Shuey" wrote

I'm not sure this is a change. Although there might have been some high-falutin' ideas about the News Dept vs.the Entertainment Dept. in the past, both have always existed to sell advertising. What is the point of getting scoops or Pulitzers except to get people to watch your channel/ listen to your station/ read your paper? The past was even worse, in many cases.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Well said!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

"Doug Wagner" wrote

I was quoting Linda Fiorentino.

I remember that the '80's music magazine Trouser Press once had a list of

100 or 200 things wrong with Rock and Roll. One of them was "The people who told Todd Rundgren he was a genius."

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Gray Ghost" wrote

No Frank, that's not my world view, just a witticism.

Lately you seem to be latching onto relatively simple things as "Aha!" statements or defining credos in others. Some might say that sheds some light on why somebody who admits to spending a lot of time searching for the truth and asking questions decided to stop his quest when someone answered: "Because God said so."

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

There was a time I remember, when TV was new, and radio was more prominent, that this was not always the case. Edward R. Murrow opposing McCarthy comes to mind, and Walter Cronkite spent enough time as a real war correspondent to keep his head for most of his career. Paul "{the rest of the story" (CRS can't remember his last name) also comes to mind. Ah, but all so long ago. Perhaps we will get a new crop from the "Embedded" correspondents in Iraq. Certainly not if they only have a brain but are not also pleasing on camera. John Eaton

Reply to
John Eaton

Paul Harvey. Love his "The Rest of the Story" bits. Hate the manner that he weaves the commercial into the articles.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

"Kurt Laughlin" wrote in news:JFNld.9366$tI3.5786@trndny01:

No it's because between the job, home repair, a 15 month old who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread and a 10 year old who is the developing the knowitall syndrome I'm a little punchy.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"Kurt Laughlin" wrote in news:JFNld.9366$tI3.5786@trndny01:

Never said I spent a lot of time at it. Besides which man as a group hasn't been particularly pleasant in picking what's good and bad in life. Everyone needs some sort of philosophy of life. Most of them seem pretty destructive of others.

Maybe you could tell me which of the 10 Commandments is bad and causes strife. Frankly even without being a Christian it seems like a pretty good recipe for life.

Let's see I'll leave out the first three because they are more specifically religious:

4 HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER.

5 THOU SHALT NOT KILL. (actually murder, though almost never expressed that way. Klling in self defense is not prohibited)

6 THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.

7 THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.

8 THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR.

9 THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE.

10 THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS.

Which of these is a recipe for disaster?

Perhaps you prefer Nietzsche's the ends justify the means view.

Man should be humble because he is flawed.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"Gray Ghost" wrote

I believe you went from Catholic to agnostic(?) to Presbyterian to Methodist to, well, you're still looking, aren't you? That sounds like quite a time investment to me.

Why?

True enough. In fact, you might say it's patently obvious. And that Frank, is exactly my point: Why is it necessary to believe they have come from God to follow them?

It's interesting that you skip those three because they are ones most likely to cause strife. In fact, Frank, just this last Thursday I heard a squawker from the so-called "American Family Association" say that they were protesting the airing of "Saving Private Ryan" on Veteran's Day because the movie had dialogue "taking the Lord's name in vain." These protests were causing counter-protests, legal actions, and threatened government sanctions. How much more linkage between a "commandment" and strife would you like?

You know as well as I it's not those 10 sentences that cause problems. You also know that the Judeo-Christian belief system does not start or end with those 10 sentences either. Are you as strongly convinced that the effect of the other 783,000 words in the Bible (or Talmud, or Quran, or whatever) is quite so benign?

Heh heh. You slay me Frank. You just can't see anything besides the two poles of someone living a religious life and someone possed by The Dark Evil. You just can't conceive of somebody living a decent, worthwhile life - maybe even better than the best YOU could hope to live - without having some sort outerworldly influence, can you?

And as long as the crutch of religion is there, he'll be lame as well.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Different history then the one I know.And have you not been reading the news since 9/11?Those aint Christians strapping on bombs and killing innocent babies in the streets. I've always said,the people who turn a blind eye to everything else while spouting anti-christian hatred are the ones with the most devil in 'em...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308