[FU] Death to Scott Peterson and all who care about this case

I'm not sure this is a change. Although there might have been some high-falutin' ideas about the News Dept vs.the Entertainment Dept. in the past, both have always existed to sell advertising. What is the point of getting scoops or Pulitzers except to get people to watch your channel/ listen to your station/ read your paper? The past was even worse, in many cases.
KL

There was a time I remember, when TV was new, and radio was more prominent, that this was not always the case. Edward R. Murrow opposing McCarthy comes to mind, and Walter Cronkite spent enough time as a real war correspondent to keep his head for most of his career. Paul "{the rest of the story" (CRS can't remember his last name) also comes to mind. Ah, but all so long ago. Perhaps we will get a new crop from the "Embedded" correspondents in Iraq. Certainly not if they only have a brain but are not also pleasing on camera. John Eaton

Paul Harvey. Love his "The Rest of the Story" bits. Hate the manner that he weaves the commercial into the articles.
Tom
Maiesm72 wrote:

He's been at it a l o n g time. I remember listening to him at my grandmother's whilst my mother was working. That has to be over 50 years.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

Ah, but do you remember Gabrial Heater?
Tom

He's about 85 and still goin' strong, more or less.

Was he the one that started his report with the phrase "There's good news tonight!"? I have an old album which talks about US history between World War Two and the Korean Conflict. Seem to remember a segment where Truman was scorching Heater about his reporting of Truman's election victory. "Not So Long Ago" narrated by Bob Hope, and it aired on TV in the early 1960s.

Well said!
The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Different history then the one I know.And have you not been reading the news since 9/11?Those aint Christians strapping on bombs and killing innocent babies in the streets. I've always said,the people who turn a blind eye to everything else while spouting anti-christian hatred are the ones with the most devil in 'em...

i have been paying attention. 9/11 was an unforgiveable horror. but i also know about the crusades when good christians sacked a town of their SUPPRTERS and murdered more than 90,000 men women and children. i think very little of any religion. christianity's body count makes it the littlest in my respect.

Much like those "civilized" people in the mid-east,you down my beliefs due to something that happened a millenia ago...how advanced of you. You do realize that things like that went against the true Word?You hate the message because it came from a messenger who wasn't a true believer. I pity you...and I won't waste anymore time on you either,other then to pray for you. :)

lets look ar recent christian inventions. concentration camps, genocide, nuclear weapons amd biological warfare. i have me 3 christians i consider good people. not too bad, considering.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:22:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote:

Just as much as Jews, blacks, Muslims, etc, etc....

What's sad is that the oh-so-tolerant seem to think it's okay to crack jokes at their expense...

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

tolerance is about having a sense of humor. everyone has faults, as do all organizations. keeps it sane. they day you say something is off limits for poking fun at, you are setting yourself up to be owned.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:50:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote:

Tolerance is about 'live and let live', not poking fun at racial, ethnic, religious, or other groups - that's bigotry.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

lighten up al, i wasn't laughing at religion, just snickering politely. you have the same right.
Al Superczynski wrote:

IMO, "tolerance" only drives bigotry underground...and no one is any better off for it. Hence the "fun poking"...and the reaction(s) to it.
Better acceptance and communication (and understanding, if that's even possible) than "tolerance".
--
- Rufus

good pernt.
e wrote:

One of the reasons I'm fed up with "tolerance". I'd rather have acceptance. Screw being "tolerated".
--
- Rufus

WmB wrote:

...I'll have to admit, I'd certainly prefer that to universal health care...
--
- Rufus