PE for Revell 1/72 sub available soon

Hi all, I got this URL from White Ensign Models. They have nearly completed work on this PE. I have no connection with them or Revell.

Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Dissapointing that there isn't a photo of the etch, but here's a list of the parts that will be on the frets. Sent to me by one of my "sources"...

Reply to
Rufus

Now all we have to do is find one of these models. Hobbytown says it might be next yer before we see it. I will be out of the mood by then!!

Reply to
FROGofOKC

I look forward to seeing what WEM does, that usually produce quality PE (and kits too!)

A buddy of mine is working on a r/c conversion package for the U-boat for those interested in such. Should be out in September.

Kurt

Kurt Greiner

SeaPhoto Maritime Photography ...delete "net" to reply

- now taking online payments via Paypal

Learn about large scale r/c model warships- Warship Models Underway

Kurt Greiner

I have one, with three more my local connection is trying to push on me...the hard part may be getting the etch here State-side.

Try Hobbyland. I think they still have th best mail-order price I've seen.

Reply to
Rufus

i'd thought you'd ahve three on the runs by now. what's your first scheme going to be?

My local hobby shop called the distributor about it yesterday and was told that the next shipment from Revell is expected about August 1 and the price is going up, looking at around $69.95. :-(

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

There's dark grey/white scheme on the ULAD Part 2 sheet - I forget the boat number just now. I like that one alot. Then I'll probably do U-96 from "Das Boot" just because, and to do one with the anti-fouling gear rigged on the bow. And a third one TBD...but probably in the "tiger striped" camo. I'm waiting for a planned sale at the museum so I can pick up two more kits on the cheaper side...

The "Anatomy of the Ship" book I got on the Type VII U-boat is a great reference - chock full of drawings from actual U-boat plans, and some of the clearest b/w pictures of U-boats I've found to date. I plan to open up the deck plate grating and all of the flood holes and scratch build as much of the gear between the deck and the pressure hull as I can. And I'm figuring on putting some of my soldering skills back to use and building up the side and wintergarten railings from brass rod.

Reply to
Rufus

Hobbyland has it listeed at $38.99 right now...

Reply to
Rufus

and i'll pirate the cool ideas when i see one... that tiger paint is very cool. which museum?

Can check modelwarships.com as soon as it comes out, no doubt they'll give a detailed review with pics ...

Erik Wauters, Belgium

"Rufus" schreef >

> Etch_22.html

Reply to
Erik Wauters

THe China Lake museum of Naval Armament and Technology. Got a mole in the gift shop...

Reply to
Rufus

be a good place to ride on one of your friday's off?

Not really - for me it's on the way to work...

Reply to
Rufus

Hobbyland does not have any Revell 1/72 U-Boats. Anymore suggestions?

Reply to
FROGofOKC

Trident Hobbies have them in stock. Chris can take care of you.

Charles Jones