Yak 1 colours

I am shortly to start on an Eduard/Accurate Miniatures Yak 1 and have suddenly realised that this is the 1st 2nd WW Russian aircraft that I have done.

I have no idea what colour I shuld paint the cockpit or the wheel wells.

Suggestions anyone?

David SBX Model Shop

of Montex Masks to the world!

Reply to
david

Try this link:

Frank

Reply to
Frank Koval

Hrm. I've have bad plenty of bad dreams about the Yak 1... Be that as it may, and you may already know this after your original posting, but:

Where there's wood interiors, there is the so called 'Wood Aerolak' finish, *roughly* obtained by 3/5ths Humbrol 88 and 2/5ths Humbrol 89 with a drop of matt black -this is what I sadly used before discovering:

White Ensign Models and their WW2 VVS colours --

They even do the hard-to-mix IMUP (metal primer). How neat is that?

Regards,

Reply to
Ioaea