Printer for decals

I just picked up an HP color laser printer the other day. I know I've heard much discussion about using an ALPS or inkjet printer to make decals but would a good color laser printer work on decal film as well?

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

They work great but of course you won't be able to print white - that's about their only drawback.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Most decal paper works fine. The only time I had a heat problem was when the copy shop operator ran sheet through wrong side up, immediately stuck it back in other side up and ran it through again. That did seriously wrinkle paper. When I returned with another sheet, she made copy for me free, for my inconvenience. Anyway, moral is most papers are fine.

I only have a black and white laser printer, take color output to copy shop. Other than time mentioned above, have never had heat damage to a sheet.

BTW, you should still overcoat decals after pr>

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Thanks for the good info on use of a laser printer for decal-making "The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier