Printer for decals

I just picked up an HP color laser printer the other day. I know I've heard much discussion about using an ALPS or inkjet printer to make decals but would
a good color laser printer work on decal film as well?
"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey
You can't do white and don't let the printer warm up too long or try to run too many sheets at once. The fuser gets hot and can cause decal paper to stick.
Bill Woodier wrote:

Most decal paper works fine. The only time I had a heat problem was when the copy shop operator ran sheet through wrong side up, immediately stuck it back in other side up and ran it through again. That did seriously wrinkle paper. When I returned with another sheet, she made copy for me free, for my inconvenience. Anyway, moral is most papers are fine.
I only have a black and white laser printer, take color output to copy shop. Other than time mentioned above, have never had heat damage to a sheet.
BTW, you should still overcoat decals after printing, either from laser or copy shop. The images are still pretty fragile.
Ron wrote:

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
snipped-for-privacy@usfamily.net
On 08 Jan 2004 23:40:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Woodier) wrote:

They work great but of course you won't be able to print white - that's about their only drawback.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.