questions about washing

Hi all:

I've already painted a copckit for my F-15 (using acrylic paints), and now I want to apply a wash. The questions:

  1. Its necesary to apply a coat of future before applying the wash?
  2. What kind of paint is better (oil, enamel,acrylic)?
  3. What is the thinner needed?

Thanks in advance

Jose Aides

Reply to
Familia aides

"Familia aides" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.bezeqint.net...

yes I seal the paint, but it really depends on what type of thinner you use: if you thin with water or petrol thinners, without a sealer you're going to attack the acrylic paint.

I use oils, I find they are easier to wash up if (when!) I make a mistake

For oils I use lighter fuel. Acrylics=water or petrol based thinners.

Good luck!

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm

de l'Aviation sur le web

Pierre-Henri Baras

just don't forget to always wash behind the ears! otherwise...what the other modeler said is right :)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308