RAF Crash Tender

I'd say this request is pretty 'iffy', but what the heck, with a little luck? In an older issue of Airfix Magazine [April 1979] I saw a small model photo of a German Half-Track [SdKfz 7?]fitted out as an experimental RAF crash tender in 1945. Now that's kind of neat, I thought, and as I have an old Bandai kit gathering dust somewhere in the styrene cave I figured it would make a good part time project.

The model in the photo was fitted out with parts from the Airfix RAF Emergency set [probably 1/72nd and long out of production now?]. If I could locate some photos or information on the Half-track and the equipment, maybe just maybe the fire fighting equipment could be scratched for use with the Half-Track in 1/48th scale.

Would anyone have any idea where I could look for such information?

Thanks all. cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim

There is a picture on this site

They call it a 1945 Monitor

You may be able to contact them for further details

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

****** Neat. The person who built the model in Airfix said it was painted overall red and it is. I'll do as you suggested and contact them for more information. If anyone should have that information it should be these guys.

Thank you Nigel. Much appreciated. Cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim