Re: coil

z wrote:

> [...]

follow the thread, and you'll see e posted the announcement to just one group - absm.d. it is your (not)favorite troll that is responsible for the crosspost, and is (presumably) the cause of your ire.

that said, i'd like to suggest you not denigrate the contributions of Geff/Jhonn Balance without knowing anything about him. his musicianship was good enough to get him (and other bandmates) significant bookings around the world. *some* ppl have heard of him - enough to buy many tickets, and records, and cds - enough to have what many would consider an envious and successful career in music...

meaningless?? that's the kind of crap i expect to read from the uffie crossposting slimizen, not a noted regular of your group. Gordon Cooper was an inspiration to many (in his own way), and no one put you (or him) down when you posted *his* obit. it would be nice of you to extend the same sort of respect to e and/or Jhonn.

well, that's how i see it, anyway...

Reply to
Rattfink

Actually...I was not the one to post the first notice about Gordon Cooper, although I did add to the original thread. But, I would hope that even

*you* would admit that Cooper made *great* contributions to America, as well as the world. To compare him with an "entertainer"....
Reply to
Greg Heilers

greg, i never xpost that crap anywhere. it's all the work of one nymshifting psycho named mjolner, aka one trick pony. it's really sick and the worst damage you can do to it is ignore it. you noticed that in 5 months it has shown no change, reposting the same garbage? starve it and it dies. coil was a very innovative band in the industrial music field. the mjolber jerk doesn't have a clue about music, or life, or anything.

well, i see one (short) thread you started on your own re the (now missing) yahoo tribute in MID: . yes, i see where you replied to MID: too. both kinda short...

yikes - did i walk into a soldier vs. poet thing? you mistook my meaning, sir. i did not intend to make a direct comparison. i only sought to suggest that your _absolute_ putdown (you chose the word meaningless) of an ernest and well-thought of (in some circles) musician (there's a difference, and your choice of - and quoting - the word entertainer is suggestive - but not clear - wrt your intent) was, IMHO, uncalled for.

m'kay - serious question: what do you think of Dylan Thomas? or, Bob Dylan? are their contributions also "meaningless"? are only the contributions of engineers who've chased ufo's meaningful to you? you've got at least one former physicist curious...

Reply to
Rattfink

It was not an "editorial" regarding the occupation of the person; but the crossposting (*extremely* off topic) to so many groups; that I was opining about. I myself, will gladly plead "guilty" to posting things here, that *some* may consider to be slightly "off topic"; but they are usually of a social/political/historical nature, which *can* have a relationship to miniatures and modeling. (Witness the recent thread about modeling the Mercury capsule series, including that of the aforementioned Cooper).

Now, unless it is unearthed that the "coil" guy was in fact a closet modeler, and/or a military history reenactor....

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

What's a coil? Is it some sort of model building tool? ;~)

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

I READ THE NEWS TODAY, OH BOY......

Reply to
KONDA24

Well, technically, yeah. But it looks like an oxygen hose of you paint it dark green and drybrush it right :)

Chek

Reply to
Chek