Re: My husbands going to kill me, please advise me?

well ,at least her hudband will be scott free

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Sort of. When you select "cancel message" on your newsreader (assuming your reader allows that) you send a news posting almost like any other. It's sent to a group called "control" and its contents basically are a control message that tells a server "cancel the message with the following message-ID:...". This message spreads across Usenet like any other news posting. It's entirely up to the administrator of any news server which receives the message whether their server will take action on receipt of a "cancel" message; some do, some don't. One notable server that doesn't honour cancels is Google, of course.

Reply to
Tony Walton

Really? Their help page implies that it does:

Matti

Reply to
Matti Lamprhey

Matti Lamprhey wrote: > "Tony Walton" wrote... >

I presume you're talking about this bit: ______ # How can I remove articles from Google's archive?

Google will honor requests to remove messages that you have posted yourself (known as nuking a post). You may even be able to do this yourself using our Automatic Removal Tool. Please find the circumstance below that applies to you and follow the instructions there. ______

That's not what I'm talking about. Google will, as they say, often accept requests to remove a message from their archive, if you specifically ask them to using the Google interface. This isn't the same as what I describe above, which is a cancel cmsg sent from your newsreader which propagates to all reachable news servers, inviting each server to cancel the post. AFAIK Google does not honour that type of cancel control message (cmsg).

Reply to
Tony Walton

Reply to
crool