Re: OT Fitting punishment for that 24 yr old teacher that had sexwith her student.

IMHO, any sexual relationship between a teacher and a student, no matter

> what genders, is totally inappropriate, at least at the high school level. > Speaking as a retired schoolteacher, I know how poignantly tempting such > relationships can be. But to enter into physical intimacy with a student has > to be dangerous if not damaging because it bends the limits that shape the > teacher-student relationship. Adolescents need limits that are clear and > firm, not only to rebel against, but to provide psychological safety. The > limits that circumscribe relationships with their teachers are among the > most important in most students' lives. Any teacher who has sex with his/her > student puts that student in danger, which contravenes one of the highest > core values of any school -- safety. > > Pip Moss > I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Thanks, Pip for reminding a couple of dirty old men that adolescent fantasies shouldn't be realised. Something like that can warp a young life completely. Now, if one can convince one's significant other to play 'Teacher' someday.....

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller