Re: Q Airfix Classic Aircraft Books

> Ran across one of these books and thought it was very cool. Since I have > all 6 of the big Airfix WWII kits, I thought it might be fun to have them > all. So far I have the Spitfire, Hurricane, Stuka and Mustang and have the > 109 on order. Not even a hint of the 190 book. Did they actually make it? > > Frank

Frank:

Never saw a book on the FW. That said, they did do books on their 1/48 scale deHavilland Mosquito and the 1/72 scale Avro Lancaster. Both very nice, by the way.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

There never was a FW190 book. If I recall correctly there are 8 in total, the final 3 being the Lancaster, Mosquito and B17.,

John

Reply to
John Walker

"John Walker" wrote in news:ZJfTa.387$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net:

Well that would explain finding the Mosq, the Lanc and the B-17 and not the FW.

Thanks guys!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

These books were not just to accompany the 1/24 kits. There is at least one volume for 1/72 as well - the Lancaster.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew davies and angela parker

"andrew davies and angela parker" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mail.netspeed.com.au:

As I have discovered.

Crusader Classic AFV No. 1 Lee and Grant Classic AFV No. 2 Spitfire Classic Aircraft No. 1 Messerschmitt BF 109, versions B-E Classic Aircraft No. 2 P-51 Mustang Classic Aircraft No. 3 Hawker Hurricane Classic Aircraft No. 4 Ju 87 Stuka Classic Aircraft No. 5 Lancaster Classic Aircraft No. 6 MOSQUITO Classic Aircraft No. 7 B-17 Flying Fortress Classic Aircraft No. 8 HMS Victory Classics Ships No. 1 Mayflower Classics Ships No. 2

These guys were quite prolific in thier day!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

There was also a Classic Ships volume on the Cutty Sark.

John

Reply to
John Walker