Re: Removing Chrome from Trumpeter Parts

Does anyone have a method of removing the chrome finish from Trumpeter > parts?

> I have the Chevy Nova kit and I want to remove the chrome from the exhaust > system. So far I have tried brake fluid, chlorine bleach, liquid plumber, > brasso, ether, brake cleaner, Bleche White, and ammonia. This is some high > quality chrome, let me tell ya. I read somewhere about something called > Castrol Super Clean but couldn't find it at the local Advance Auto parts. > Is it an engine cleaner (like a carburetor cleaner) or a general type of > cleaner? > I suppose I could just sand the part for a rough surface, then prime and > paint it.

Super Purple is just about the same, if you can't find CSC. A simple lye/water solution works just as well.

- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEatt.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

I just use Easy-Off No fume Spray on oven cleaner!

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

Harry:

Check out how quickly it removes chrome!

~Rick Fluke Hangar 3 Arlee

Reply to
Unamodeler

I would try 91 percent isopropyl alcohol it seems to be the stripper of choice for amny of the new coatings

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 03:32:43 GMT, Harry Balzac

wrote:

Reply to
dajwal