Smarty Jones to rendered into glue

I found nothing repulsive about it. The milk is a bit sweet and lightweight but, oh the containers! ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

My favourite idiotic PETA stunt is their placing billboards around our county's borders decrying the milk business. If they are ethical and they care about animals' welfare why do they want all the cows to die in agony because they haven't been milked? These morons apparently don't know how badly a cow needs to be milked twice a day.

Even if we grant that the cows have been bred that way we still have an obligation to continue for the rest of their lives. Is denying them reproduction ethical?

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Just don't get behind the renderer's truck on a hot August day! Even an empty one has an air about it. I found myself taking a side road to nowhere to get away from it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Interestingly Roy Rogers had Trigger stuffed and mounted. Autry had Champion buried. I'm not sure which one bothers me more.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Completely consistent. These people are ashamed to be human. Not to mention completely divorced from reality in some cases. Encountered one who was outraged when told by her vet that her cat could not survive eating brown rice and nothing else.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I thought PETA supporters were opposed to pet ownership.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

A pig, every time. I'd no sooner eat horse than I would cat or dog.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I've had a lot of both,. and pig is definately better to me. Horse meat is quite *sweet* tho............

But then... dog tasts better than cat, and opposum tasts better than racoon, or other small animals. Bear tasts like crap, and deer is great to me...................................

Azzz1588

No "poodles 'n' noodles" or "Shepherd pie" on your table, huh AL? How about "Tabby Tartar" or "Shetland Surprise"? Yummmm! While on my first Westpac of course we stopped in the Phillipines, and I was introduced to the local vendors with their street corner grills. I grapped a few skewers of what I was told was pork. After I ate them I was asked what I thought. I said it tasted good, a bit different, but attributed it to seasoning. My friend said, "Well, you've just been initiated, that was monkey meat"! Alrighty then. Another handful of skewers in one hand, a bottle of San Miguel in the other and off we went.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

It wasn't a pet--it was an animal companion.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

With the right beer, anything is possible...

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

What ever happened to Pat Brady? I know that "Nelly-Belle" is in the museum, but being a vehicle, stuffing was unnecessary.

The Old Timer

"Bill Banaszak" wrote

Well, the real idea is that if there was no more market for dairy products there would be no more dairy industry, hence no need to breed more (the annual bovine production in the US far exceeds the natural increase you'd get from a given starting population). In time these manufactured races would die off naturally or at least get to the point where they wouldn't be part of an industry. It's really just the same idea as any boycott-type action - destroy demand.

To make the argument that, "for better or for worse, we're stuck with it because stopping now would have worse consequences" doesn't fly very well. It could just as easily be rewritten to say: "We can't ban milk (or abortion or cigarettes, let's say) because too many people would lose their jobs." If you are feeling righteous, stuff like that doesn't matter. To some extent everyone believes the ends justify the means. All you have to do is look at "them" as evil or bad and the "ends" become not just tolerable but desirable.

Don't forget that the main reason cows "need" to be milked twice a day is because they've been manufactured to produce 80 or 100 lbs of milk and they'll burst if they don't. We're kind of in the position of having turned them into heroin addicts and saying it would wrong to stop giving them dope.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

...and let's not forget that there was (is?..) a thing going on out here on the west coast where people are having deceased pets freeze-dried so they can sit around their living rooms "forever".

Reply to
Rufus

My daughter was a vegetarian until she worked at a middle east restaurant and Ghasan corrupted her with lamb kebabs. She dropped by there today and brought back some meat pies. YESSS!! Vegetables are not food- vegetables are what food eats. Kim m

Reply to
Royabulgaf

What happened to Dale Evans? Kim M

Reply to