Smarty Jones to rendered into glue

No, they are prey for our Borzoi !!!

Neighbor had/has 31+ cats, and they just have to come into our yard and hunt the birds. (we ground feed) They in turn become prey to the wolfhounds in return. How fitting !! (at 40+ mph, they can catch the cats fairly easilly, tho it is messy...)

At least they dont take it personally, they just shrug and say that the dogs are only doing what they were bred for................. (the've racked up a hell of a vet bill, not my fault !!! yard is fenced)

Azzz1588

Now thats REALLY disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azzz1588

azzz replied:

Not nearly as bad as my wife with the ashes of two schnauzers and one siamese in containers on the bookcase! I think she has a spot reserved there for me. Oh well, she doesn't dust very well anymore :-

Reply to
OXMORON1

I always wondered...wouldn't the ultimate way to not use other life forms as food be hari-kari? :-O

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

That's like having my parents ashes under the bed.

My father didn't like swimming, so that rules out ocean dispersal. There are reasons for almost every location, but I figured out one that will work.

One of his favorite things was antique cars. There are several concours around here every year. Remember how the tunnelers got rid of the dirt in The Great Escape? All I need is bagge pants and a cord controlling the spread.

My mother, on the other hand, was specific. Volcano, preferably active. We're preparing that for her birthday this summer. Using a friend's AT-11 with a dispersal attachment already installed it's off to Mt. Lassen, a place that she loved. It helps that she learned to love flying when I took her up a couple of ties.

Freeze dried pets? Gross.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Sounds like your neighbors still need to learn that sometimes cats need to be indoor companions.

Maybe they're just too lazy to clean the cat box.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

But Tom.........that's chinese astronaut food, freeze dried Pekinese.......

Reply to
Ron

Think that falls under "companion..." I don't care, I call 'em pets...

And my two cats and mother in law's dog do the same thing for my wife - they notice when she's about to go into seizure, and get someone's attention. Nothing my wife can do about it - sometimes she comes out on her own, sometimes she just goes into a series of 'em and has to go to the hospital... but the critters have managed to wake someone up to do whatever needed to be done several times.

In at least one instance, if they hadn't gotten someone up to get her to the hospital... well, let's just say I'd be single again, the hard way.

-Eric

Reply to
EGMcCann

31? Unless they've got a large ranch / farm / etc, I'd say that's more than slightly excessive....
Reply to
EGMcCann
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

I would like to think that too, but evidently not them because....

I figured out (via 31+ cat neighbors) that when you have that many cats, the whole inside of your house IS a cat box !!!!!!!!!

I went over to help them out once (OK several times) and the smell was amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that the cats had managed to deficate in EVERY single space in the house !!!

Azzz1588
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

I've never seen a cat yet who understands a fence is a boundary, not an obstacle to be overcome.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Just as long as she doesn't contemplate a pre-emptive act... :p

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I remember an interview with Roy in which he said that he'd told Dale that when he dies she was supposed to do just that - and put him up on Trigger's back.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I don't know where he ended up but he died around 1971 or '72.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

That they can. One morning a couple years ago my favorite cat woke me up by jumping on my chest, meowing loudly and insistently. I smelled smoke and discovered a trash can fire that was very close to breaching the ceiling. The damage to one corner of the bathroom was pretty severe but things would have been much worse if the fire had burned just a couple more minutes. Patches is a real feline heroine.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Al Superczynski" wrote

Favorite before or after the incident?

OK, who was smoking?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Both.

Carol had flicked cigarette ashes into the trash can just before leaving for work. I had warned her against that *many* times.... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski