Way O.T.

Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

"Digital_Cowboy" wrote

Good, because it wasn't really evident from your post.

But your statement was: "I'd much rather try to ride out another storm (. . .) in a mobil home then live at either end of an airport's runways." That really has nothing to do with what happened before, or why. It says that you think there is more risk living near an airport. I was trying to find out what - if any - logic underpinned this statement.

I wasn't meaning that at all. I was trying to pre-empt someone dragging in people killed when an plane may have crashed 25 miles away from an airport to boost the stats.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

You needs radar when you've got a set of eyeballs...especially if your chasing a Cessna.

OTOH...I used to get in regular "combat" sessions with a friend of mine whom would jump me in my rental 172 with his A-7 whenever he heard me on the radio and had the chance. Had I had guns or AIM-9's I'd could have cleaned his clock every time...a 172 can turn inside an A-7 ALL day long...and I was willing to fly much lower than he was...

Reply to
Rufus

Precisely. And because they are not in active US inventory. There is a guy over at Sta Maria that has a Mig-21...always wondered how a Mig-21 handles at 250 KCAS...

AND - there's somebody down at Mojave that has a Mig-15 two seater...tires to drag our guys into ACM from time to time. One guy said he almost bit..."yeah, I can see the incident report now..."and then this Mig showed up...yeah - there was a Mig...a Mig-15"...".

Reply to
Rufus

Rock AND roll...

Reply to
Rufus

So was I...unless something changed aftre 911. I would think at the very least there would have been a NOTAM posted and that he should have seen/read it doing his flight planning if he was on a cross country trip. I'm thinking he should beat the rap...

Reply to
Rufus

Anybody remember Synanon? It was a violence prone cult in the '60s and '70s.

For several years we lived on a ranch in west Marin that had been their headquarters. The ranch forman cae to e one day and asked for advice on something that he had found hidden between the walls of a building undergoing interior rebuilding.

What's that huge MG used on helicopters, an M50? Anyhow I told him that we had to call ATF, which we did...a couple of months later when we ran out of ammo. They didn't come exactly in waves, but there were a few of the plus a chopper running a grid over the entire area. I think they were looking for possible sites for more goodies.

They found a small cache of Claymores burried near the area we used as a shooting range, but that was about it.

I moved to Corte Madera a few years ago, so I don't know if there was anything else. I do, however, remember the pretty tracer fire in the night on a few Cinco de Mayos from his M-16.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I wonder who was more upset, the buyers or the AFTD agents??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Incident report: Darwinism in action.....'nuff said?

Reply to
Ron

Were the ATF guys on site or were they informed later?

Ya know, saying that a B-29 can deliver an atomic device is a ridiculous excuse. I think it's time we get the people in the government to get with the program of aircraft preservation. I can buy a 747 can't I? Arnold did. Weren't

747's used to attack America on 9-11? These government prevarications are absurd. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Last I heard that company moved from Texas to Oregon. Anyone seen or heard of a finished bird flying? tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Now there's a man using his head! I woulda dragged it off into the desert and buried till I could find a source for more ammo (which is easy to get nowadays.) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

"Keeper" wrote

Are you sure you aren't thinking of John Travolta (who bought a 707 or 720 or whatever)?

No, 757s, but we see your point.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Isn't "knock it off" code for instrument failure? tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yes, Oregon.

The first two seater had an off runway accident. It's now repaired and flying again.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

No - it's means "stop what we're doing and reset/regroup". Litterally - "knock it off".

Reply to
Rufus

Whats this?

Reply to
Martin

none (Martin) wrote in :

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms?

The Old Timer

Travolta might have a 707. Arnold said in an interview that had purchased a 747 and leases it out. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper