Way O.T.

Travolta bought a 747, and flies it himself. He came to Boeing for flight training a year or 2 ago. It's got Quantas markings, and I understand they pay for fuel in exchange for the advertising.

Reply to
Chris C.

Travolta owns a 707. He got his Isleboro, ME neighbors pissed when he flew a low pass over the island. He keeps it parked at his home in Jumbolair, outside Ocala, FL. What a life!

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

I gues it's a case like my Uncle used to say; "They keep telling us money won't buy happiness, but if you've got enough, you can pick your favorite brand of misery". Personally, a 747 doesn't start my motor, now if you say "Spitfire"!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Your uncle was a very wise man.

"Phantom", "Starfighter", "Delta Dagger", "Voodoo" and "Aardvark" tend to spark my interest...

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

My officemate whom was an F-4 backseater over Viet Nam always refers to the F-4 as a "dog of an airplane"...but he still loves 'em.

Gimme an F-86 for a jet, and a P-38 for a prop-job.

Reply to
Rufus