Web based forums

Bill,

I caught the end of all that, but never quite found out what it was all about. But then, I always was a bit slow on the uptake.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Ahhhhh that damn monkee.... I miss Dan, hope he is OK. Got a B 10 kit around here somewhere, gonna have to build it someday because of that critter. (first kit went the firecracker & BB gun route it was just that frustrating...)

I really still miss Modeler Al, and will never forget all his advice and help !! One of the unsung greats of the modeling community !

Reply to
AM

al has a small shrine in my collection..it's centered around the 30lbs of parts he sent me. i also keep his emails to me and some of his usenet posts. he was a real gem and font of knowledge. his funny gruffness hid a real brain and a great heart.

Reply to
someone

I remember finding this place sometime around the end of 1996, but basically as a lurker. I was at school at Ft. Leavenworth when I first got internet access in '96. I joined AOL upon returning from Kansas, found their scale modeling message board and migrated over to this group. I've met a few of the guys I first came across in this newsgroup like Pip Moss and Al Lafleche.

I see Dan occasionally at the local hobby shop in Louisville; when I attend the club meetings, I always stop by. Although my attendance at the meetings are few and far between.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Gronovius