Weird Models

I've been doing this since 1956 and standardized on 1/48th in the mid 1970s. I skipped over the Monogram funny kits during the years they
were owned by Mattel. The word I would choose would be "unusual" or "obscure" rather than "weird" for some of my subjects. High on my list would be scratchbuilds, including a Curtiss XP-62, a General Motors XP-75, a Consolidated XPY-1 and a Boeing XPBB-1.
On 10/31/2010 8:50 AM, Mike wrote:

There are kits available for a couple of versions of the P-75, a prototype and the limited production version. I believe Velom is the kit maker.
--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:59:47 -0500, Don Stauffer wrote:

Rareplanes also made a very nice kit of the "limited production" P-75A.
It *would* be interesting, however, to see your end result in making the prototype, by kitbashing an SBD tail, P-40 outer wings, and F4U undercarriage.
:o)