Weird Models

I've been doing this since 1956 and standardized on 1/48th in the mid
1970s. I skipped over the Monogram funny kits during the years they
were owned by Mattel. The word I would choose would be "unusual" or
"obscure" rather than "weird" for some of my subjects. High on my
list would be scratchbuilds, including a Curtiss XP-62, a General
Motors XP-75, a Consolidated XPY-1 and a Boeing XPBB-1.
Reply to
Mike
There are kits available for a couple of versions of the P-75, a prototype and the limited production version. I believe Velom is the kit maker.
Reply to
Don Stauffer
Rareplanes also made a very nice kit of the "limited production" P-75A.
It *would* be interesting, however, to see your end result in making the prototype, by kitbashing an SBD tail, P-40 outer wings, and F4U undercarriage.
:o)
Reply to
Greg Heilers