What colour underneath Italian Starfighters?

I've just completed the grey and green upper cammoflage on an Italian AF F-104G and was just about to do the underside when I see that the instructions say it should be silver. In all the pictures that I've seen they appear to be light grey or are they in fact just bare metal? Can anyone enlighten me?, and if it is grey what shade? TIA STeve

Reply to
Steve C

Hi Steve, Its silver all right

Regards

Alastair

Reply to
Gondor

Though weathered aluminum is probably closer.

Reply to
Tom Cervo