WW II Moveis

Angels-One Five

With Laurence Harvey playing "Buster" Crabb (No, not the one who played Flash Gordon) Crabb disappeared in mysterious circumstances in the fifties while, it is said, examining a Soviet warship that was visiting Plymouth

Operation Petticoat with Cary Grant and Tony Curtis and the great Run Silent Run Deep with Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Ron

I'm glad that my Ethen Allen furniture is over twenty years old.

I happened to be in one of their stores yesterday and I see what you mean. Quality certainly has dropped. :-(

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Warfare in any day, week, month, year or century is ALWAYS brutish.

Reply to
MGFoster

I need more drink! Is Operation Petticoat the very same one where wassisname..."I know, let's put on a show in our back garden, do tap dancing and sing for money" gets lost on an island then wanders around in the bush with very thick glasses and gets the Japanese to follow him whilst shouting something that sounds like "hai tanasoi" ?

Kill me now!

Let's also not forget "Morphies Wor"

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

"Richard Brooks" wrote in news:c6bk51$m86$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

Air Force? Not terribly accurate, more propaganda than anything. I liked the little dog that barked when you said Tojo.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Yup, and one of the pilots later played Lt. Rip Masters on "Rin Tin Tin" (James Brown).

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Operation Petticoat involved an American sub evacuating the Philipines and picking up a crew of nurses and a pink paintjob along the way to Australia. One of Dad's favourites. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I'll bet the prices haven't.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I have Airforce on tape. Corny but a good film. I love the way that only a week after Pearl Harbor there were enough B17s in the Pacific to sink a Japanese taskforce heading towards Australia.

p.s. Moto not Tojo

Reply to
Les Pickstock

"Can't sing. Can't act. Can dance a little." - Comment from talent scout's notes written during Fred Astaire's first screen test.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

"To be or not to b....who wrote this shit anyway ?"

One of John Wayne's first screen tests.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

The concept of somebody contemplating their own end probably didn't sit well with him. Otherwise I bet quite a few 'students' say the same thing. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

The thought of The Duke reading lines from the works of The Bard strikes me as utterly hilarious!

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Yeah, I was uninspired by the silliness of the storyline. But, for just plain action it was ok (not enough for me to buy it though).

Reply to
SamVanga

Wasn't the pink paint a primer they applied then were called to urgent duty before they could apply a topcoat?

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

Philipines

Yep. They had red primer and grey primer, but not enough of either to do the entire job. So the chief mixed the two together resulting in the Pepto palor.

Cute movie, still one of my favorites. Anyone else ever notice Marion Ross, Ms. C from "Happy Days", as one of the gals on the Sea Tiger?

WmB

WmB

All they had was red lead and some white paint. The result, of course, was the pink.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111