Re: !!!! behind the 8 ball !!!!

  1. That's about as telling a lead off as "Honey, now don't get upset".
  2. I just realized my accountant says "this is absolutely legal" a lot.
  3. I can't recall the last time someone told me something was legal and it really was.

WmB

WmB

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL:

Take those bus> 3. I can't recall the last time someone told me something was legal and > it really was.

Reply to
Ron

For what it's worth, I work for the US Post Office and this is considered a "Ponzi" or "Pyramid" Scheme. Any "proposition" of this type, where the last participant stands no chance of recovering his/her investment IS illegal. This type of scam depends on a constant input of new $ in order to get paid, and the last person in line is left with nothing. The fact that you are perpetuating this scheme on-line, and not through the mails, may have some impact on who would investigate, but there is legislation that would allow the Federal enforcement agencies to be called in because of the interstate aspect of the transactions, as well as the fact that some of the resulting "paperwork", i.e. bank and credit card statements, etc., are negotiated via the Postal System. And, in the strictest sense, using "those business reply SPAM envelopes" for other than their intended reason, could also be considered illegal! It is a far reach, but misuse could be considered on the fringes of theft by fraud, since you intentionally used the envelope for other than it's intended purpose, resulting in an expense by causing them to pay postage. John

Take those bus> 3. I can't recall the last time someone told me something was legal and > it really was.

Reply to
John Selph

Hey Ron:

How come you always have a "beef" about someting and have to burden all the rest of us with your sour grapes? You must be one very unhappy [person.

...../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine