USAF Bombs Yorkshire!!!!

An item on the BBC news..............

An F-15E from Lakenheath dropped a BDU-33 25lb practice bomb - and made an 18 in crater.

Is this what they mean by 'Ground Attack' ??

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Blue death from above!

Reply to
Rufus

Little Bitty Blue Death from above!

(Although I did see a guy kill a rattlesnake with a BDU-33 on the flightline once... yes, it did have a charge in it and yes, the guy was an idiot.)

Reply to
Chad Irby

birds of a feather ...

Reply to
Tarver Engineering

I don't know, put a flat cap on Bin Laden, give him a sheepdog... maybe they're on to something.

Matt

Reply to
killfile

Reply to
David Amos

We had a F-117 bomb West Texas last year. He bombed a interstate dumpster & somebody's bathroom before he found out he was dropping practice bombs. He claimed he didn't know the jet was loaded with them, which may be true. The investigation revealed he was running late, missed most of his pre-flight briefing, his jet crapped out & switched planes at the last minute and didn't pre-flight it.

Reply to
Shawn Hull

His ancestors probably came from Lancashire.... ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

So you'll be wanting an introduction, then.

Reply to
Chad Irby

F**king Idiots like that get people killed!!!! Who the hell is training these turds anyway? Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Maybe one of those overworked guys. Sleep tight tonight. Your Air Force is on the job!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Dangerous play makes for dangerous accidents...you should get to read the yearly "TFOA" reports - "Things Falling Off Aircraft".

Reply to
Rufus

I used to read the weekly Navy TFOA report. I couldn't believe how many antennas fell off aircraft.

JD

Reply to
Joe Delphi

in article snipped-for-privacy@flankerman.fsnet.co.uk, Ken Duffey at snipped-for-privacy@flankerman.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 12/1/04 18:45:

But he was aiming at Dorset.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Ken, Guess that's the weapons of minor destruction sorted :) Chek

Reply to
Chek

I had the same thoughts :-P

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Maybe they were aiming at Scargill?

John

Reply to
John Mullen

or 2 Jags..( i wish)

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

But didn't Yorkshire oppose President Bush's appeal for coalition support to attack Iraq?

No, wait, that was France.

But didn't Yorkshire sell night-vision equipment to the-- no, no, that was Russia.

Well, it was really cold and windy last time I was in Yorkshire, so there.

DLF Sacre bleu!

Reply to
David Ferris

Well if we bombed it, then they must have deserved it!!

I mean really, have you ever eaten Yorkshire Pudding that's been cooked the British way?? Bombing would be an improvement.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111